• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 silvertyrant

silvertyrant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 11:16 AM

im aware the the xbox fatx file system will support a max of 2tb (correct me if im wrong) ive been looking at this hard drive (http://www.newegg.co...CMP=OTC-Froogle
&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Hard+Drives-_-Seagate-_-22148274)
and im very interested in what others think.. i already have an sata to ide converter im wondering about any problems i might run into and what they could be.
ps i was thinking about making an f and g drive. and making the E drive bigger than its supposed to be with config magic. any and all resposed are welcome.

i would also like any information and personal experiences on file corruption and missing gbs on xbox hard drives.

Edited by silvertyrant, 13 January 2008 - 11:22 AM.

#2 silvertyrant

silvertyrant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE(silvertyrant @ Jan 13 2008, 05:52 AM) View Post

im aware the the xbox fatx file system will support a max of 2tb (correct me if im wrong) ive been looking at this hard drive (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148274&ATT=22-148-274&CMP=OTC-Froogle
&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Hard+Drives-_-Seagate-_-22148274)
and im very interested in what others think.. i already have an sata to ide converter im wondering about any problems i might run into and what they could be.
ps i was thinking about making an f and g drive. and making the E drive bigger than its supposed to be with config magic. any and all resposed are welcome.

i would also like any information and personal experiences on file corruption and missing gbs on xbox hard drives.

correction i ment to say
"ps i was thinking about making an f and g drive. and making the E drive bigger than its supposed to be with xbpartitioner."

#3 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:08 PM

You must split F + G evenly and format with 32kb clusters. (Your mod must support custom partitions)

#4 silvertyrant

silvertyrant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 04:37 PM

ndure 3.1 properly configured. but can you explain why its necessary to split F + G evenly? i was under the impression that G took up the remaining space after F takes up ... 137gb i believe.. i was going to evenly spread it between E F and G. would there be any problem with this?

#5 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Moderating Team

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE(silvertyrant @ Jan 13 2008, 09:13 AM) View Post
but can you explain why its necessary to split F + G evenly?
Even when formatted with 32 KB clusters, a partition's maximum size will only be doubled from 256 GB to 512 GB.

So, the best way to safely use a full 1 TB hard drive would be to approximately divide the drive's free space between the F and G partitions (and not alter the size of the E partition). If left in a 'G takes first 137 GB, F takes rest' scheme, the F drive would become corrupted when it is filled to the 512 GB point.

#6 silvertyrant

silvertyrant

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2008 - 08:46 PM

so i dont have to worry about curroption if i partition with 32k on f and g. thnx for the info.

#7 xboxgamer733

xboxgamer733

X-S Moderating Team

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,803 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 13 January 2008 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE(silvertyrant @ Jan 13 2008, 01:22 PM) View Post
so i dont have to worry about curroption if i partition with 32k on f and g. thnx for the info.
That's right, but don't forget to evenly divide the drive's free space between the F and G drives using xbpartitioner. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users