PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 06:37 AM

Blu-ray Titles Price Cut as Low as 14.99usd at Amazon
Posted by XanTium | 14-1-2008 0:37 EST

From punchjump.com:

Amazon.com this week price cut Blu-ray disc format titles to as low as $14.99 in the latest wave of high-definition price wars.

More than 200 Blu-ray disc titles are discounted at the online retailer, including Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End, Ratatouille, and Superbad.

#2 warmaster_670

warmaster_670

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 14 January 2008 - 09:01 AM

wow, $15?

i have to pay $20+ for a new DVD

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 14 January 2008 - 11:59 AM

Some good titles for cheap money in that. Hope the UK follows suit.

#4 STICKY_BUD

STICKY_BUD

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 12:09 AM

i doubt amazon will be selling bluray at such discounts by itself so i expect bestbuy and other retailers to follow... however, if the consumer has made the clear choice(bluray) AND if hd-dvd really is dead, isnt this a poor business choice?

#5 andyb22

andyb22

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE(STICKY_BUD @ Jan 15 2008, 12:45 AM) View Post

i doubt amazon will be selling bluray at such discounts by itself so i expect bestbuy and other retailers to follow... however, if the consumer has made the clear choice(bluray) AND if hd-dvd really is dead, isnt this a poor business choice?

I still think that there are alot of people out there who own HDTV's and really have no idea between blu-ray and HD-DVD and have no idea that almost everyone is jumping off ship of HD-DVD. Since Toshiba will be selling there players and probably movies very cheap to try some last ditch effort i think Sony will have to follow with a little bit of a sale to try to get some of those people who have no idea about the war to buy blu-ray. And then i think once Toshiba has bowed out the prices will go right back up untill some other companies start to make cheaper Blu-ray players.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users