StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:42 AM

This will not work, as stated in the FAQ.

But feel free to try if you dont believe me. BTW this will not harm your friends console.

#17 leo5150

leo5150

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 November 2008 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE(StrictPuppet @ Nov 17 2008, 06:18 AM) View Post

This will not work, as stated in the FAQ.

But feel free to try if you dont believe me. BTW this will not harm your friends console.

i believe you i thought of that and was wondering thanks though for help pop.gif

#18 reddragon72

reddragon72

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 06:14 PM

I have heard that the new update tomorrow will either offer new codec/methods of play or remove some. Has anyone found any info on any codec updates. And I wonder if they may have fixed the Xvid 2Gig 5.1 sounds studdering issue. fingures crossed cause WMV codecs suck! And obviously MS realizes this cause they have now added xvid/divx to Windows 7! :-)

#19 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 18 November 2008 - 07:10 PM

So far for me, with the NXE dash, I have been having issues with xvids completely locking up the box, that used to play fine before the update.... we will see what kind of issues arrive when more people get the dash update.

#20 jbaruch76

jbaruch76

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 126 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 01:31 AM

ok, so i've got a question, i have two xboxes and two xbox live gold accounts. one xbox is banned, but the optional media update had already been downloaded, but the license was transferred to the other xbox, so basically my question is if i transfer the second account's licenses to the banned xbox will it be able to play divx w/o having to redownload the file, since it's already been downloaded?

Edited by jbaruch76, 23 November 2008 - 01:32 AM.

#21 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:08 AM

Any license transfer requires a redownload to authenticate. Since you cannot connect to live, this will not be possible.

#22 Tappo

Tappo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 02:28 AM

what are the chances of the hackers being able to provide this file for download for people like me who have a ban and are stuck with the old dashboard ?

#23 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 04:41 AM

Nil, unless you can invent a re-signer app.

#24 dcfcforever

dcfcforever

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 December 2008 - 03:15 PM

So has this divx/xvid media update problem affected everyone after the update or are they just affecting previously banned people?

#25 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 03:59 AM

If you are able to connect to LIVE to download the optional media update, there is no problem.

#26 dcfcforever

dcfcforever

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 01:53 PM

Mine didn't work that way

i updated my codecs the day NXE came out but it still told me to sign into live when i was signed out to play divx/xvid

Edited by dcfcforever, 06 December 2008 - 01:54 PM.

#27 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 06 December 2008 - 06:02 PM

The drm license still needs to be properly assigned, even with the NXE.

Q: I can find the media download, but it either wont let me download it, I get an error, or I must be online in order to play back my DivX files. Whats the deal?
A: This is a known issue, with a fairly simple work around. Microsoft has bundled this codec with the previous optional codecs, so if you have downloaded it before, it can cause problems. The download is tied to your console as well as your gamertag. Simply download it from another account on the same console, this enables it to be used by any other profile on the same console. If you don't have another profile, just create a new silver account and attempt to play a DivX file while that new account is signed in. You will be prompted to install the update. Once this is done, you no longer need to be logged into LIVE to use the DivX playback. You may delete that silver profile if you want after the codec is installed. The new (as of July '08) DRM licence transfer tool may remove the need to be logged into live to playback xvids as well.

#28 thexcode

thexcode

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 01:32 AM

i have dual audio divx movies. i can hear only the first stream not the second one.
is there a way to hear second stream?

#29 StrictPuppet

StrictPuppet

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,295 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 11:04 PM

I dont believe that you can switch audio tracks in an avi on the 360. It just plays the default track. You can change the default track using AVI MUX Gui.

#30 NixxDaGod

NixxDaGod

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 04 February 2009 - 03:56 AM

I'm trying to hard code subs onto a movie using AviRecomp but it keeps giving me an error saying "this file has invalid format" when i try to load the sub file. I tried with a couple different movies and got the same result. i'm using the sub files that were included with the movie i downloaded. Any suggestions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users