• Admin
  • 5,201 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:44 AM

(USA) Analysts: 1.45 million Xbox 360 consoles sold in December
Posted by XanTium | January 15 00:44 EST | News Category: Xbox360

From xbox360fanboy.com:

According to simExchange's predictions, they believe the Xbox 360 sold 1.45 million consoles in December with the Wii moving 1.73 million and the PS3 selling 854,000 consoles. And if their estimates are correct, then we must give the 360 a pat on the back for keeping its distance from the PS3 and closing the gap on Wii sales, even if there were "shortages".

Full Story: xbox360fanboy.com

#2 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:18 AM

wonder how many wiis were bought by ebay resellers, and how many they are still stuck with laugh.gif

#3 Darkjasper

Darkjasper

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Art, Computers, Gaming, My Girlfriend.
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 15 January 2008 - 08:52 AM

Well, The wii's will be collecting dust like mine. Beat zelda and mario galaxy and nothing else is out yet that is worth buying. And thats the reason that live is still having problems.

#4 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:26 AM

I liked galaxy a lot.

Other than that, wiiplay and wii sports, mine has just been nice for a decent lamp/nightlight.

#5 stevenalvarado

stevenalvarado

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Location:Costa Rica PlayStation3 Version: none Nintendo Wii Version: v4.1u
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 01:24 PM

I still havenīt finished fire emblem... itīs so good!

#6 BoNg420

BoNg420

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,809 posts
  • Xbox Version:none

Posted 15 January 2008 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE(Darkjasper @ Jan 15 2008, 03:28 AM) View Post

Well, The wii's will be collecting dust like mine. Beat zelda and mario galaxy and nothing else is out yet that is worth buying. And thats the reason that live is still having problems.

Metroid Prime 3 is pretty good as well, the control is a little difficult at first, but not bad. I always been a fan of metroid games though. I bought Galaxy Wars and man was that a dissapointment. The control is utter shit for that game. The problem with Wii is the game play is to repetative and sometimes the control is bad, or the game is aimed for young children.

Wii Top 3
---
1. Mario Galaxy
2. Zelda
3. Metroid Prime

Figures only good Wii games are the ones Nintendo has made all these years. I still don't know why the Wii sells so good. I think people see it or play it once for a short time and enjoy it, but don't realize over a short period of time, the control get boring. Lots of people play them for a little at first, then it just rots under the TV. I havent touched mine in a month or so I would say. I got bored of it. I have to get back to playing Metroid.

Edited by BoNg420, 15 January 2008 - 02:13 PM.

#7 Bubbalynch

Bubbalynch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Gaming Consoles, PC's, Electronics, Music, Movies, Sports ect.
  • 360 version:none

Posted 15 January 2008 - 03:37 PM

I'm having trouble understanding how the Wii is selling units as well as its said to be.

I see NO ONE with them in their homes anymore. Those that did buy one, took it to the pawn shop (like me) months ago and haven't gotten it out yet.

I really don't see or even hear of anyone owning or playing them these days, so these sales numbers are really odd to me.

#8 xboxjason

xboxjason

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:18 PM

Wow, where I live it's almost becoming rare to see a Wii on store shelves. You'd think it was launch time or something. I'd say they were selling like hotcakes, but hotcakes don't sell as well as Wii. laugh.gif

~Jason

#9 echto

echto

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 892 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:39 PM

Wii = Lackluster.

I bought a Wii game for my wife for Christmas and she has yet to even play it let alone re-plug the Wii back into the wall.

#10 xboxjason

xboxjason

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE(echto @ Jan 15 2008, 06:15 PM) View Post

Wii = Lackluster.

I bought a Wii game for my wife for Christmas and she has yet to even play it let alone re-plug the Wii back into the wall.

If she has yet to play it, how could she judge it as lackluster? It's not going to be any fun unless you play it first.

#11 HSDEMONZ

HSDEMONZ

He Who Posts Alot...

• Admin
  • 12,220 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

Wii console sales have been astounding.

However, as we've seen time and again during the last year, people simply aren't buying games for it. The attach rate for games is piss poor for it.

So, Nintendo can definitely be proud of Game Cube's Bigger brother.. now they just need to get a library of games people are willing to buy.

It's been my experience.. for those with unmodded Wii's that consumers bought the Wii.. fell in love with it, and bought Wiiplay for the extra remote and the 6 game disk. Maybe bought a second nunchuk.

So, they'd bought one game disk, bringing their collection to 2. They had 2 complete set of controls. That's it.

Nintendo needs more major titles. Sooner or later people are going to rebel, tell their friends they don't touch the thing anymore.. and then there will be 5 million Wii's on Ebay for 100$ in 2009.

#12 sinister slipknot

sinister slipknot

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE(Bubbalynch @ Jan 15 2008, 03:13 PM) View Post

I'm having trouble understanding how the Wii is selling units as well as its said to be.

I see NO ONE with them in their homes anymore. Those that did buy one, took it to the pawn shop (like me) months ago and haven't gotten it out yet.

I really don't see or even hear of anyone owning or playing them these days, so these sales numbers are really odd to me.

I'm just astounded that they're selling so well, despite being constantly sold out everywhere with no one knowing when stock will be coming in.

#13 JBmtk

JBmtk

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 348 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 15 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

Well, no one I know still plays their wii either, probably due to the fact that most people on this board are older and have other things to do....nintendo is geared toward younger audiences.

#14 Merkaba

Merkaba

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 15 January 2008 - 07:29 PM

ill buy that wii off of you for 10 bucks

Edited by Merkaba, 15 January 2008 - 07:30 PM.

#15 The Juggler

The Juggler

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,254 posts

Posted 15 January 2008 - 10:09 PM

Sure, but how many of those were people buying their 2nd, 3rd or 4th Xbox 360 console?

I bought 2 in December. The first was to replace my banned console (banned 12/14/07). I bought a second one to replace the one I just bought (because it didn't work properly). Thank you Best Buy for having an easy return policy!

My banned console was already my second 360. The very first one I purchased back in Mar 06 died within 2 months. (Was replaced by Gamestop with warranty)

I have 2 other friends that also bought their 2nd 360 in december (also replacing banned consoles). And they also have replaced earlier faulty consoles.

So, Kudos for M$ for selling me and others a 3rd and a 4th Xbox 360 this December. It's no wonder their sales numbers are high.

I'm still on my first PS3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users