Photo

Is It Best To Keep Network Cable Unplugged For Now?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 mickey797

mickey797

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 17 January 2008 - 08:16 PM

Ave,

I'll be picking up a brand new XBOX 360 Go Pro! Bundle this Saturday from Toys R Us - not sure it if it will have Hitachi, BenQ or TS drive. Anyhow, I'll be flashing it to the latest iXtreme Firmware.

Before I flash it, I'll setup my Silver Live Account, download any updates and all so it's all set.
After that I plan on unplugging the network cable, keeping it unplugged and flashing to latest iXtreme so I can play my backups.

Is it best to just leave the Network Cable unplugged for now, until we have a better/updated firmware?

I don't play on Live, don't even have Gold - I only use my free Silver Live account for keeping achievements and downloading trailers and all. I had a 360 flashed to iXtreme1.4 that got banned on Christmas. I don't want to get my 2nd console banned, so just trying to be cautious.

Also, can I still use my old Gamertag? From what I understand, the console is banned, not the Gamertag, right?

Thanks!

#2 mickey797

mickey797

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:11 PM

Anyone?

#3 Unregistered007

Unregistered007

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 483 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

wait what happened to your xbox that was banned ? if you are planning to keep that one just put your gamerprofile on a memory card and then just go from one xbox to the other!

#4 mickey797

mickey797

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(Unregistered007 @ Jan 18 2008, 09:03 PM) View Post

wait what happened to your xbox that was banned ? if you are planning to keep that one just put your gamerprofile on a memory card and then just go from one xbox to the other!

I Sold that one sad.gif
I don't have anything from that old banned xbox360 now. I don't really care ... I guess the only two things I'm concerned about are:

Will I still be able to use my Gamertag on this new XBOX 360?
And should I keep the network cable unplugged after I have flashed it, to avoid banning, for now?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users