• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Schizems

Schizems

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 10:37 PM

Hello, This is my very first mod ever so i want to start out kinda easy im just hooking up 2 neon lights that are runing to a 12 car adapter and im getting a 12v pc fan. i want to mount the fan on the outer case of the 360. Im Cuting the case to have a rectangle plexi glass window above the pc fan. so my question is whats the best way to hook up the 2 lights and fan. Id really rather not touch the internals of my xbox. i was wondering if a 12v ac/dc wall adapter will give enuf power if i splice them together?

#2 OCF

OCF

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:22 PM

Wrong section tongue.gif you want 360 forum

#3 Schizems

Schizems

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 January 2008 - 11:35 PM

ya i didn't catch that but it really dosn't matter which system really cause i just need to know of some way to hook up a pc fa and 2 12v led lights to a power source outside of the system. thats why i was wondering if a 12v ac input 12v dc output adapter will power it all?

Edited by Schizems, 17 January 2008 - 11:38 PM.

#4 MysticalMagnet

MysticalMagnet

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 630 posts
  • Interests:Finished Games:<br />Madden 06<br />Pocket Bike Racer
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:10 AM

it depends how many amps it is putting out and how many amps all your things need just look on the adapter it should be sufficient though

#5 Infamous Ob

Infamous Ob

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
  • Interests:Family, Traveling, Skateboarding, Cars, Electronics, Music, G4TV, Nice Homes, GTA Modding
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:22 AM

Hell yeah you can do it. I just completed my entire setup last Sunday. (Infamous Ob's Slimbox WIP, Infamous Ob's Slimbox WIP II) I have a 200 Watt Power Inverter, A 12v Dry Cell Battery, 7 Inch LCD in my Sun Visor, and my Slimbox in my car. It's easy. But I just recently took everything out because I need to build a trunk bracket to keep everything from moving aorund when I drive my Car back and forth to Wayne State. So as of now, I need a trunk bracket, and Im thinkin' about runnin' the power wires from my Inverter to my Car's battery under the hood. Because the extra battery I have in the trunk is a Dry-Cell battery and it keeps going dead after each time I use my LCD, and Slimbox. So yeah, it's definitely possible.

#6 Schizems

Schizems

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:38 AM

well the lights are a green and blue Bendable LED light thats 8" theres 2 of them and the run to a 12v car adapter so im thinking there calling for 6v apiece. and the fan is 12v. but i've herd that the pc fans at full speed can be loud.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users