• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 do0d

do0d

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:21 AM

I ran ndure via xboxhdm following the directions in the sticky on a friend's xbox just like I had done on mine. It worked very well and he used it for a couple days. He thinks this happened when trying to play a game or from a live update, but what happened is now when you turn the xbox on after all the normal green noise the light goes orange and the screen just goes black.

I reran the ndure install and that didn't do it so I restored the MS Dash via another xboxhdm disc and the xbox would boot up no problem into the MS Dash. I then reran the ndure install and now I'm back at the same orange ligh and black screen.

Any tips on where to go from here? I almost think I should recreate the xboxhdm disc, but it worked the first time so I would think its fine.

#2 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:59 PM

Hi,

did you check already if the dash folder and it's contents still exist on the E partition? The orange light could mean that the nkpatcher program is running, but it doesn't load it's dashboard. You could try to boot a backup game from dvd, or a slayers rescue disk to see if the softmod is running.

When you got back the M$dash, was it showing the clock screen or the main M$dash screen?

Some softmod's give problems when the clock needs to be set. The nkpatcher tries to boot the default M$dash, and when that isn't properly installed, it gives you the black screen.
Did you try to start the M$dash from within your dashboard after the softmod?

regards.

#3 do0d

do0d

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 05:32 AM

Thanks for the quick reply! I finally got a chance to look at this again. E:\Dash looks good (has correct default.xbe in there). I even put a shortcut .xbe in there to run XBMC from e:\apps\xbmc that worked before this trouble and that didn't change anything. I restored MS Dash and no clock, but I set the date to 1999 and rebooted. Then I set the date back to current and rebooted - followed by running ndure again. There were a few errors I'll post below, but right now if I hit the power button it goes to orange light and black screen. If I hit the eject button the MS Dash comes up and looks ok. If I put in a game DVD I get orange light and black scree, BUT if I put in slayer's it very slowly comes up, but never really runs correctly. Very slow like a computer that is really overloaded is how it looks to me. Here is the log of my most recent ndure run via xboxhdm:

Installing Ndure
Please wait
Part 1of 3:
C drive backup found
Part 2 of 3:
Checking for xbox dash version
Copying Ndure files
cp: /CD/ndure/E/NKP11/*: No such file or directory
cp: Write Error: No space left on device
Copying C drive backup
to shadowc
mkdir: Cannot create directory `/xbox/C/shadowc/resc`: No space left on device
cp: unable to open `/xbox/C/shadowc/resc/default.xbe`: No such file or directory
cp: unable to open `/xbox/C/shadowc/resc/evox.ini`: No such file or directory
Part 3 of 3:

Done.. now exiting
Press any key to continue...

Not sure if my friend tried to start the ms dash from within his other dash, but emailed him to find out.

Edited by do0d, 27 January 2008 - 05:36 AM.

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 January 2008 - 11:38 AM

Hi,

the slow load of the slayers disk could be due to the disk itself. Xbox dvd drives are very picky about the kind of media they read.

The ndure install should only give you a warning about "not enough space" when it fills up the c partition with the filler files. It should not complain about copiing things to the E partition.

Is it possible that the softmod tries to load xbmc as default dash trough it's shortcut, and that the xbmc dashboard files got corrupt?

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users