Photo

Rumo: Crysis 1.5 Coming to PS3, not Xbox360?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 PS3Scene

PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:51 AM

Rumo: Crysis 1.5 Coming to PS3, not Xbox360?
Posted by XanTium | 18-1-2008 0:51 EST

From gamesradar.com:

Even before the PC version released, rumours of a PS3 conversion of the stunning Crysis (developed by Far Cry creators Crytek) were rife, and not far off the mark if insiders at the studio are to be believed. The game looks to be a port of the PC original plus some extra modes and features, a kind of Crysis 1.5.
For technical reasons we hear an Xbox 360 version of Crysis isn't in development.

Full Story: gamesradar.com

#2 eduardor2k

eduardor2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:07 AM

If the last graphic card can't handle crysis for PC, i don't know how it's going to be in PS3.

Even if they say it's not going to be released on x360, x360 is best suitted for crysis, a port wouldn't be to difficult.

Anyway, 512 mb of ram and a not to good graphic card (on both consoles) seem that crysis on consoles is not going to look so great compared the PC version, but...if somehow they manage to make the game look the same or better...

...we should kill crytek!! muhaha.gif

Edited by eduardor2k, 18 January 2008 - 10:12 AM.

#3 fiya

fiya

X-S Member

• XS-BANNED
  • Pip
  • 101 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 January 2008 - 04:01 PM

If this is true then this game really is destined to never sell well. It bombed on the PC and as a result its coming to consoles but instead of bringing to the 360 (where games actually sell) they bring to the ps3, the console with the worst attach rate.

Will EA really allow this?

Edited by fiya, 18 January 2008 - 04:02 PM.

#4 FCTE

FCTE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 03:17 AM

This rumor needs to be put to rest, it's not happening.

#5 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE(FCTE @ Jan 18 2008, 08:53 PM) View Post

This rumor needs to be put to rest, it's not happening.

Oh it will happen. PC sales tanked. It obviously won't be the graphical showcase that it is on upper end gaming PCs, but there's no reason a reasonable port can't be made.

#6 FCTE

FCTE

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE(Thraxen @ Jan 19 2008, 03:30 AM) View Post

Oh it will happen. PC sales tanked. It obviously won't be the graphical showcase that it is on upper end gaming PCs, but there's no reason a reasonable port can't be made.

Like the ""reasonable"" ports of FarCry that were made for console?? **shudders**

#7 ca102455

ca102455

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Interests:Women, gaming & Roots Rock Reggae
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 January 2008 - 02:14 PM

If they do port this to PS3 it will never be the eye candy showcase seen on high end PC rigs.

#8 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 January 2008 - 07:37 PM

This seems like it would be a lot of work to port to either PS3 or Xbox360. I thought Crysis was a DX10 game. That would make it easier to port to the 360. I must be missing something.

#9 Swahili

Swahili

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:50 PM

Crysis is a graphics heavy game, if you wanna make the best looking game possible on consoles, the only choice is the ps3.

For a quick money making port, Xbox360 would be the obvious road to take

#10 throwingks

throwingks

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 21 January 2008 - 10:23 PM

^ But, they are not making a game. They are porting a game already made to utilize DX10. PS3 doesn't do that and the 360 does. That is where I am confused.

#11 Thraxen

Thraxen

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:46 AM

QUOTE(throwingks @ Jan 21 2008, 01:13 PM) View Post

This seems like it would be a lot of work to port to either PS3 or Xbox360. I thought Crysis was a DX10 game. That would make it easier to port to the 360. I must be missing something.

It is. But a lot of people run it in DX9 anyway to get better performance. I honestly don't think a decent port would be too difficult. A lot of people that you see talking about Crysis are the hardcore PC gaming crowd that is trying to run the game in DX10, with all the setting at "Very High", at resolutions like 1920x1200 or 1680x1050, and with 16x AF and 4x or higher AA. Sure, when you try stuff like that it chokes even high end gaming PCs. But back down off the "very high" settings, run in DX9, and set it too 720p and I really don't think a console port is an unreal expectation at all. Again, no one should expect it too look the same as on a up-to-date gaming PC, but a good looking port could be made... and it think it will be made since the PC version tanked.

#12 Bubbalynch

Bubbalynch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Gaming Consoles, PC's, Electronics, Music, Movies, Sports ect.

Posted 25 January 2008 - 05:20 AM

Crap I hope so, I very much wanna play that game. But I ain't upgrading my rig to a feakin beast (too much expensive for my blood) just to play a single game.

And I do mean for 360. Screw the PS3 as I do not and never will own one.

#13 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE(Bubbalynch @ Jan 25 2008, 05:56 AM) View Post

Crap I hope so, I very much wanna play that game. But I ain't upgrading my rig to a feakin beast (too much expensive for my blood) just to play a single game.

And I do mean for 360. Screw the PS3 as I do not and never will own one.

Never say never. When the PS3 drops to the $100-$150 range, I'm sure 9 out of 10 who said they'd never get one will go buy one.

Anywayz, I hope the rumor comes to fruition. I think it'd definately be a PS3 exclusive (ex. PC, of course). People seem to focused on the RAM (and other things that affect PC environments differently) for port possibilities. I'm sure with some good optimization, it could run on PS3 just fine (with little to nothing lost, depending on recoding).

#14 dokworm

dokworm

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:19 AM

Yeah right, crysis still struggles on the latest cards from Nvidia and Ati that have wayyyy more power than the PS3 and 360 combined.
Even the new triple sli 8800 ultras can't run the highest rez and settings (see tomshardware.com for details).

Crysis looked great, and the sandbox is hours of fun, but I really think they are crappy coders. It doesn't look *that* much better than COD4, yet the highest settings are still out of reach, even for the cashed up fanboys with the latest rigs. The update did nothing performancewise that I can see.

If it struggles on a 3GB RAM, quad core machine with twin graphics cards, I can't see a reasonable version coming to either of the 512MB consoles running gfx chipsets from a few years ago.

Unless the crysis people brought in some people who can actually code for performance. Remember Doom3 on the original xbox, that was an amazing job for a 733MHz celeron with 64MB of ram and a geforce 3 card (ove maybe geforce 3 and a half), I don't think anyone believed that was possible.

#15 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:48 AM

QUOTE(dokworm @ Feb 5 2008, 02:55 AM) View Post

Crysis looked great, and the sandbox is hours of fun, but I really think they are crappy coders. It doesn't look *that* much better than COD4, yet the highest settings are still out of reach, even for the cashed up fanboys with the latest rigs. The update did nothing performancewise that I can see.

That's exactly my point. Depending on who's going to be doing the port (and I mean who by the actual skill of the human; not the company logo), they could clean up all the sloppy parts, or implement some optimization, etc. Especially considering the PS3's potential is still waiting on a lot of discovery, so I'm 110% sure Crysis is an entirely possible port, with extremely minor to no loss in quality.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users