• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Adr0ck

Adr0ck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:52 PM

Ok, so I got a cheap HDTV for Christmas last year, but I still haven't managed to get it to work in HD with my 360. It's a Haier HLH266BB (if that means anything to anyone). I went out and bought a Pelican HD X-box cable, but so far it only works in standard TV mode. I tried going into the X-Box dashboard to change my display settings to HDTV, but it just tells me that the switch on the cable is set to standard mode. But if I DO flip the switch to HDTV mode, I get a "no signal" message on the TV so I can't get back to the dashboard.

All of this leads me to believe that I don't have everything hooked up properly to begin with, but at this point I think I'd need an engineering degree to get it set up right. I also have my cable TV box and a DVD/VCR player connected, so there aren't a lot of jacks available to plug stuff in. Let me spell out how I have the X-box 360 hooked up:

There are 6 plugs on the Pelican cable - one red & one white for audio, then a seperate group of 4 (another red, yellow, green and blue) which I assume are for video. The X-box only works (in standard mode) if I plug in the red & white audio ones and the yellow video one into the area marked "SVideo/CVBS." There are three more jacks just to the right of this area marked "AV Out" (with the helpful markings R-L-V on it; thanks, that still doesn't tell me which plug to use). I've tried all sorts of combinations of plugging things in trial-and-error style, but the only way I can get any video at all is if I use the above configuration in standard TV mode.

Soooooooo, is there anyone out there with a solution besides "smash that TV with a hammer & get a new one?"

#2 XPxAxBxLxOX

XPxAxBxLxOX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:43 PM

If you are trying to hook up to hd, You have going to need the Green, blue and red(not the audio one). They are componect cables(ignore the yellow one as that is not capable of carrying a HD signal). Go to the back of the set look for a component inputs on the back. Hook them up(they are color coded but don't mix the red ones. If you get a buzzing sound, you have put audio wire into the video and vice versa). Hopefully this works for you. The way you explained this tells me that you are not hooked up correctly.

Edited by XPxAxBxLxOX, 19 January 2008 - 10:43 PM.

#3 Adr0ck

Adr0ck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 03:29 AM

Well that narrows it down a little, but still no signal when I flip the HD switch on the cable. The jacks are color-coded, but they don't match the cables. Here are all the jacks on the back of my TV going from left to right:

PC - Audio In - Y Pb Pr - DVI Audio In - HDMI - Optical - YPbPr Audio In - Headphone out - SVideo - CVBS (yellow) - L (white) & R (red) SVideo/CVBS Audio In
- R (red) L (white) V (yellow) AV OUT - RF Input

My cable box is connected to the first "Y Pb Pr" section, the "YPBPR Audio In" section and RF Input. The red & white audio X-Box cables are connected to the l & R SVideo/CVBS Audio In" section. So I figured the blue, green and red video X-box cables would have to go in the three AV OUT jacks, but I've tried all sorts of combinations and nothing seems to work. There's just nowhere else to plug them in.

#4 deadparrot

deadparrot

X-S Messiah

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,300 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:53 AM

Use the YPbPr inputs.

Y = Green
Pb = Blue
Pr = Red

#5 XPxAxBxLxOX

XPxAxBxLxOX

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:33 AM

Im going on the assumption that you have one component input(that your cable box is using). Does your cable box have dvi/hdmi or does you 360 have hdmi? I would say use that instead.

I just confirmed this. I saw a picture. You have only 1 set of component inputs. Either put the cable box to hdmi/dvi or the 360 to hdmi.

10 meg file

http://www.hdtvsolut...pdf/LCD man.pdf

Edited by XPxAxBxLxOX, 22 January 2008 - 04:44 AM.

#6 Adr0ck

Adr0ck

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 01:52 PM

Yup, that did it! I had to unplug the cable box and use those ports. Kind of annoying to need to switch them all the time, but I can live with it. Anyway, thanks for the help!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users