30 replies to this topic

#1 jossc

jossc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

hi guys this is what has happened to my xbox 360 arcade edition

last night i was playing nhl 08 for about an hour and switched it off after and unplugged everything after and went to bed. In the morning i went downstairs and found my xbox covered in a sticky water subtance it was all over the controllers and games the cases of games are ruined and the controllers do not switch on neither does the console but when i picked up the console water was just dripping out of the console.

i rang up microsoft support and asked if there is any liquid based substance inside the xbox and they avoided the question not giving me a straight answer.

can anyone else have any advice or knows what has gone wrong lol as i just no clue and am just pissed off

thanks please help

Edited by jossc, 19 January 2008 - 09:06 PM.

#2 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:14 PM

Someone spilt something all over your system. You will have to strip everything and dry and clean the parts. Don't power it up until you are sure it is dry. It has not come from inside the 360

#3 jossc

jossc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:22 PM

hmm lol that could cause some family arguments as everyone has swore that no one spilt anything over it

and its just the area of where the xbox was that is affected

please tell me it could be M$ fault could it be a colling liquid system or something?

#4 0 Executer 0

0 Executer 0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

QUOTE(jossc @ Jan 19 2008, 08:58 PM) View Post

hmm lol that could cause some family arguments as everyone has swore that no one spilt anything over it

and its just the area of where the xbox was that is affected

please tell me it could be M$ fault could it be a colling liquid system or something?

the xbox360 doesnt have ANY kind of liquid inside it .
someone within ur house owes you a new console im afraid. if it was me i would not be happy at all!! ohmy.gif

#5 jossc

jossc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

sad.gif ok thanks for the help guys i did ring ms this morning and told them the story and they will send me some stickers to put on a blank box and post to them and they said if they cant repair it they may send a new one

do you think i got lucky or will they just send the broken one back to me?

#6 0 Executer 0

0 Executer 0

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE(jossc @ Jan 19 2008, 09:36 PM) View Post

sad.gif ok thanks for the help guys i did ring ms this morning and told them the story and they will send me some stickers to put on a blank box and post to them and they said if they cant repair it they may send a new one

do you think i got lucky or will they just send the broken one back to me?

sounds like u may have gotten lucky... considering u told them there was a liquid coming out of it,their customer service dept is run by dummies!!!-FACT.

they may just dry urs out -then it works..

dry it out-it doesnt work

or replace it.?? they may decide its your fault and not do anything..think it depends what their person typed into their pc screen i guess

#7 jossc

jossc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:32 PM

ok thanks for your help everyone fingers crossed for me please i feel so unlucky that something like this happened to me today mad.gif as i got it for Christmas

i will update everyone here as to what happens

once again thanks

#8 jossc

jossc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:14 AM

update

it has now been a day since one of the worst days of my life lol and have decided to try my xbox after it has dried

the results are it has turned on and making a loud noise sounds like the fan but louder than usual and i have 4 red rings showing with no picture on tv am i in luck for replacement?

#9 javisaman

javisaman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:32 AM

Do you have the A/V cable plugged in? Because without it you will get 4 red lights and no picture!

#10 jossc

jossc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:35 AM

ok this is pissing me off i had the av plugged in and it didnt work now i tried aain and this time it has loaded up does this mean i will have no faults in the future or should i still send it to them

advice please

#11 javisaman

javisaman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:39 AM

Hmm I wouldn't send it in... it can take over two weeks to get a replacement. As long as you have plenty of warranty left (2 yrs +) I wouldn't send it in now.

#12 jossc

jossc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:03 AM

ok thanks mate it is giving off a very odd smell though

#13 javisaman

javisaman

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:55 AM

Does it smell like burning plastic? Because then I would turn it off and send it back to MS. It could just be some of that "fluid" evaporating.

#14 jossc

jossc

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 11:07 AM

QUOTE(javisaman @ Jan 21 2008, 03:31 AM) View Post

Does it smell like burning plastic? Because then I would turn it off and send it back to MS. It could just be some of that "fluid" evaporating.

hmm its hard to tell semlls like spirits should i just play untill something goes wrong therefore if hardware fails it should be ms's problem

#15 hiPotion

hiPotion

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6b
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE(jossc @ Jan 21 2008, 09:43 PM) View Post

hmm its hard to tell semlls like spirits should i just play untill something goes wrong therefore if hardware fails it should be ms's problem

Why would it be Microsofts fault that someone spilt liquid on the console?
Turn it off if it's making a smell.
They shouldn't cover it under warranty at all.

"I dropped my phone in the pool, It'r your fault you didn't make it water proof so I demand a new one"
See what I mean?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users