10 replies to this topic

#1 hecz

hecz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 07:33 PM

Where can I buy the motor that moves the lens up and down? Ive seen a video of a guy replacing it with a pc cd rom but ive checked every cd rom that I have and the motor wont match.

Ive checked ebay and found nothing.

thanx.

#2 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,792 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:13 PM

Look or post in the 360 B/S/T section of the forums. And it would be back and forth or forward/backward, the laser itself has the coils in it that are responsible for moving it up/down. wink.gif

#3 hecz

hecz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 08:24 PM

Sorry Im not that good at english .... correct me if im wrong, U said that I wrote it wrong and the laser is the one that goes up and down?

By the way can u help? I just adjusted the lasers POT (or whatever) with a multimeter set to 20k ohm never passed the 2.8 mark and the laser just stopped moving back and forward. I have two lens and neither would move....so thats why I guessed it was the motor. What do u think?

#4 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 09:58 PM

The actual laser is what makes the lens move up/down. The Sled Motor is the one that moves the laser from the center of the disc to the outside, back and forth. Check to see that the cable for that motor is plugged in, just make sure all of them are plugged in good. If you've changed the laser you need to also check that cable, it's very easy to damage the ends of it where the contacts are and that may be why your laser isn't working.

#5 hecz

hecz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 10:45 PM

well the laser or lens is active when i put a cd or turn on the console (moves up and down) I still can see the red laser when is trying to read its just that it doesnt move back and forward like the sled motor isnt working I found an hitachi drive and the sled motor doesnt fit either.

I dont have the money to buy a new drive.

How do i make sure its just the sled motor?

Is there a way to test it?

#6 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 20 January 2008 - 11:57 PM

You can ohm out the connector (the end of the flex cable from the motor) should read 10ohms or so between each pair of contacts and that value will change then return to 10ohms after moving the sled back or forth.

Edited by RDC, 20 January 2008 - 11:58 PM.

#7 hecz

hecz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:51 AM

OK in the end of the flex motor didnt read anything but in the soldered or attached to the motor read 10 ohm so the flex cable is apparently broken and the motor is ok. I have another flex cable but is from an hitachi it has the same 4 points can that be removed and replaced to the samsung motor?

#8 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:39 AM

Not exactly, the solder ends are in a different layout on each of them, you could use it, but you'd have to be very careful and use wires on the solder end so it was setup right.

#9 hecz

hecz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 01:55 AM

can u make a quick diagram on paint or something

on where to solder?

Or u reccomend buying a motor?

Looks easy but ur the master so ill go with ur recommendation.

#10 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • 8,792 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:32 AM

If ya can't just look at it and see what connection needs to go where (you can see them thru the cable) then a diagram isn't gonna do ya much good. wink.gif Soldering onto that type of plastic cable isn't really easy, and desoldering it without messing it up is even more difficult. I'd just replace it with a new sled motor, and be careful of those flex cables, it doesn't take much to mess them up sometimes.

#11 hecz

hecz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 04:56 AM

well I finished soldering and the sled motor is moving again and now the lens tries to read but makes a clicking sound then the open tray cames along. Now im clueless.

what could it be?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users