4 replies to this topic

#1 Tr0ublesome

Tr0ublesome

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:03 PM

Ok, I recently swapped out a bad Hitachi Drive for a New Sammy Drive. I had trouble flashing it at first but with the help of the community here I was able to get it flashed and operational. The thing is, it ended up being flashed with iXtreme 1.4 firmware....

I wanted it flashed with original firmware (Have no interest in playing back-ups)... here comes the questions.

If I re-flash the drive with the original Sammy FW (with the Hitachi key and a spoof of course). Can and will M$ still be able to Ban me from XBOX Live. Now I have searched the forums on this and the information I usually find is outdated.

**Sammy Drive with a Hitachi MB, spoofed and key properly, can/will it be detected as illegal software and banned?**

Second question....If I am to ever be banned from XBOX Live, does it only ban the Xbox Im using (via serial number) or does it also ban the account I used to access Live? I would hate to lose the XBOX Live account Ive worked hard on.

Thanks.

#2 NoFace

NoFace

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:10 PM

1. I am not sure about this...
2. Xbox Live bans on the console, not the account.

#3 Tr0ublesome

Tr0ublesome

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 21 January 2008 - 09:12 PM

QUOTE(NoFace @ Jan 21 2008, 03:46 PM) View Post

1. I am not sure about this...
2. Xbox Live bans on the console, not the account.

2a: Thanks thats the one I was worried about the most to be honest. Id hate to lose all that work.

As for question 1.....Hopefully I can flash the drive with original sammy FW spoofed as a Hit and be done and worry free.

#4 Tr0ublesome

Tr0ublesome

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE(Tr0ublesome @ Jan 21 2008, 03:48 PM) View Post

2a: Thanks thats the one I was worried about the most to be honest. Id hate to lose all that work.

As for question 1.....Hopefully I can flash the drive with original sammy FW spoofed as a Hit and be done and worry free.

I guess Ill just flash it to originals just to be safe but....Id rather not waste the time if it wont matter.

#5 aclark20

aclark20

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE(Tr0ublesome @ Jan 22 2008, 04:19 PM) View Post

I guess Ill just flash it to originals just to be safe but....Id rather not waste the time if it wont matter.

I guess it all depends on how MS can detect modded boxes, but any way I look at it, as long as your only playing originals i'd guess its just about the same.

If they can read the firmware and compare it to known versions, a spoofed original will be rejected just the same as iextreme.

If they can't, and iextreme acts exactly as the original does, then you're just as safe. Seems to me that your leaving yourself vulnerable to any potential bugs in the modded firmware that may or may not exist. If i we're you, i'd call it good with the modded firmware and hope for the best. Seeing as there are no known bugs that we know MS can detect right now, it seems like a safe bet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users