#1 vbpro78

vbpro78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:01 AM

Here is my situation. I have read that I need to be able to run Kai through my PC before using XBMC, I have a laptop with a wireless card that doesn't support promiscious mode, so....no dice. What I am doing (unsuccessfully so far) is running the Kaid daemon on my router. Its a Linksys WRT54G v3 running DD-WRT v23 SP2 std. My xbox is wired to the xbox and has a static DHPC lease (192.168.1.3). I can use my laptop (192.168.1.x) to run as a UI PC and can see that my network is reachable and that the console is recognised. I can browse to an arena to play Halo 2, but I cannot see any games in the 'Available Games' list. I have tried forwarding ports 3074 & 30000 but I didn't see any diffrence. I have turned my firewall (on the router) off and no diffrence. I am also able to use XBMC to browse to an areana but same problem...no games.

What can I try to make this work? I am sure I am overlooking something, but every doc I read basically says the same thing.

When I configured port forwarding, should I forward to the address of my router (because its running the daemon or to my xbox (I have tried both ways)?

Router IP (Inside): 192.168.1.1
XBox IP: 192.168.1.3 (Static DHCP Lease)

#2 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:08 AM

i will have to check when i get home but isn't their a spot in the DD-WRT firmware where you have to add the xbox mac address ? .. you sure your connecting to the engine on the router ? theirs no upside down T by the clock ?

#3 vbpro78

vbpro78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 12:22 AM

I have entered the console MAC in the router (and ended the line with the necessary ';'). Which clock are you referring to ?

No engine running on the PC (it took a minute, but I guessed thats what you meant by the 'upside down T) - that is one way I am sure its connecting to the router's daemon and not something else. Another way is that I use Kai Config to select the UI PC profile. In XBMC, I have specified the engine's IP address (192.168.1.1) as well.

#4 RMM

RMM

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:23 AM

vbpro78 did you look at the DD-WRT wiki? That might answer some questions you may have.

http://www.dd-wrt.co..._Console_Gaming

Edited by RMM, 22 January 2008 - 08:42 AM.

#5 vbpro78

vbpro78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 11:35 PM

I have looked through it. My problem really isn't that I cannot make Kai connect (I can connect and can browse to an arena via XBMC). Here's where the issue lies: in XBMC I use Kai to navigate to the arena in which I want to play and click the Play button. The game (Halo 2) launches and I go to the System Link menu. Nothing comes up in the available games list...

#6 vbpro78

vbpro78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:40 AM

As an additional side note - when using EXACTLY the configuration in the wiki, the xbox no longer retained its static dhcp lease, but instead pulled one from outside my staticly assigned range (i have several static leases setup for vairous devices). I also had one computer that would no longer browse the net (wouldn't even see the router in 'Network Places')

#7 vbpro78

vbpro78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:55 AM

Using 'DNSMasq for DHCP' was the problem. I don't know why it only effected 2 machines (the xbox and a desktop) but all is better now - with the exception of Halo 2 still not showing available games...

#8 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 04:19 PM

actually i just tried mine last night with the same results .. i have a WRT54G v2 (was) running DD-WRT v23 SP2 .. i started up kaid , put in my XBOX mac .. turned on the xbox , kai sees it , no games show up ..

I shut off kaid and use the PC engine , it works great.

maybe theirs something wrong with kaid in v23 .. have you tried 24 ? .. i will try it out later .. i put tomato on my router last night tho and its pretty cool .. http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato ..

#9 Movax

Movax

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4

Posted 26 January 2008 - 02:06 AM

I use DD-WRT v24 RC-2 (09/04/07) std (SVN revision 7815), KAID works great.

#10 vbpro78

vbpro78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 03:28 PM

I will try 24, but I would like to make sure that I am not misunderstanding a few points:

1) Just because I can view arenas and participate in chat does not mean that I am able to play a game.
2) After entering an arena in which I wish to play, I should launch the game.
3) If all is working well, I should see a game listed under "Available Games" instead of the map with a question mark on it.

Thanks, everyone, for your help thus far. Off to upgrade firmware...

#11 vbpro78

vbpro78

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 02:35 PM

Voila!! After an upgrade to DD-WRT v24 RC 6, all is working as it should! Thanks a lot for all of the assistance !!

#12 Harlock_Gbase

Harlock_Gbase

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 80 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 01:13 PM

Doesn't work for me unfortunately. I have the latest DD-WRT release v24, but sometime my xbox can connect to kai, sometimes not. Then i have to restart the router and it works again. Next time i tunr on the xbox again it doesn't work until restart of the router. Does anybody have the same problem?

#13 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 03:24 PM

sounds like your router can't handle running it all at once .. try disabling all other functions your not using. have you tried it on v23 SP2 ? ..

also the kaid build in dd-wrt is old , their is a new one about to be released by Team XLink however it will need to be added to dd-wrt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users