• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Madwave

Madwave

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:15 AM

I modded my wireless controller into an arcade stick.
By the great tut. I made it and everything works fine but not the connection; it keeping re-sync randomly if I put the stick away like 2 meters, and will re-sync everytime if I put it on the back side of the console. This won't happen in my original wireless controller.
I am thinking if it comes from the controller were put into the stick case which it was not designed for.

It'll be very much appreciate if someone could help to let me know anything I should do to improve the communication between console and the controller.
If a bigger antenna is the way out, may I know which part I should solder or attach something.

Edited by Madwave, 22 January 2008 - 03:16 AM.

#2 Nitrous Oxide

Nitrous Oxide

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 12:29 AM

I dont think thats the problem.

It sounds like you messed something up internally...

I mean cmon...you could put a controller in a wooden box and it would still connect alright...

Check your soldering and whatnot.

#3 j5350

j5350

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 01:05 AM

Make sure there is nothing touching the sync button. My controller was driving me nuts after I changed the LEDs, till I realized the sync button was being pushed by the controller shell. Just check to see that nothing is bridging the connection or is touching the button.

#4 Grim187

Grim187

X-S Freak

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 23 January 2008 - 07:11 AM

Ive had the same problem only my problem was the RF board and from the sounds of it yours could be too, i actually just determined it was the mobo blowing them after i replaced mine 3x (would always work for a week or 2 after i replaced it then quit again).

i can barely get the controller to connect from 12ft away and when i do i cant use the headset and i don't even wanna get in to what the wireless headset sounds like.

i just gave up and put a usb extension on one of my wired controllers.

you can try replacing the RF board and see what that dose, if it doesnt do anything then its probably the controller, if it works then stay with it, if it quits just go wired.

don't you just love M$!

#5 Madwave

Madwave

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:19 PM

I think I have to recheck the whole soldering again.
guess to remove it from the stick case and try to connect only with those wire I soldered, may clarify something out.

Btw, where is the RF board located?
Is it possible to change ?

#6 Madwave

Madwave

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 02:27 AM

Problem solved.Thanks dude.
It cames from the bad connection of the antenna of the PCB.

re-solder fix the problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users