Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 25 January 2008 - 10:28 AM

QUOTE(R111 @ Jan 25 2008, 08:04 PM) View Post

will Basics-vision get custom background in the future?

My dirty little secret is I added it then removed it because none of the images I added made it look anygood this was the only decent looking (another vista one) of all I tried all the transperant black made them look funny

IPB Image

So I guess down the track I might be convinced to re add it but too busy doing 4x3 now

#32 R111

R111

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 25 January 2008 - 11:08 AM

hope once you're free you be able to re-add the feature. biggrin.gif
Then we can see theme ported from vision to BV.. or all new themes

#33 mindweaver

mindweaver

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:56 PM

Awesome work with the skin Jezz_X! I love it. Looks like it will beat Vision as my primary.

I have some suggestions though.

1. An option to set clock or icon in the middle of homescreen. the orb looks unfinished. Or is it just that I'm not used to it just being black yet. But an option would be great.

2. And if the option is to set clock in the middle, there might have to be an option to disable clock/date on top. The same below, if you have RSS disabled, I would like the two graphic elements below to disappear.

3. The most important suggestion, please create a basic list option. The list2 that is now is useless with the GIANT icon to the right, making my filenames scroll. So it would be awesome with an ordinary list option aswell.

Hmm, that's all for now. As I said earlier, great job.. it looks great. Love the background and that it feels more HD than the orig. Vision.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just have to add that I the new menuanimation in home screen is way better than orig Vision. The OSD menu when playing video is also much nicer now!

Edited by mindweaver, 26 January 2008 - 05:01 PM.

#34 yoci

yoci

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 26 January 2008 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Jan 25 2008, 11:04 AM) View Post

My dirty little secret is I added it then removed it because none of the images I added made it look anygood this was the only decent looking (another vista one) of all I tried all the transperant black made them look funny

IPB Image

So I guess down the track I might be convinced to re add it but too busy doing 4x3 now

I use a custom background and I think it looks quite nice. IPB Image

I just replaced the background.png from the SVN with my own before I compiled it.
It would be nice to see a custom background option in the future though.

#35 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(mindweaver @ Jan 27 2008, 03:32 AM) View Post

Awesome work with the skin Jezz_X! I love it. Looks like it will beat Vision as my primary.

I have some suggestions though.

1. An option to set clock or icon in the middle of homescreen. the orb looks unfinished. Or is it just that I'm not used to it just being black yet. But an option would be great.

2. And if the option is to set clock in the middle, there might have to be an option to disable clock/date on top. The same below, if you have RSS disabled, I would like the two graphic elements below to disappear.

3. The most important suggestion, please create a basic list option. The list2 that is now is useless with the GIANT icon to the right, making my filenames scroll. So it would be awesome with an ordinary list option aswell.

Hmm, that's all for now. As I said earlier, great job.. it looks great. Love the background and that it feels more HD than the orig. Vision.

Thanks.

EDIT: Just have to add that I the new menuanimation in home screen is way better than orig Vision. The OSD menu when playing video is also much nicer now!

1) OK I might make it so if the time goes in the middle the date stays up the top I agree about it lookign empty but I just had no idea wht to put in there
2) disable rss in the xbmc settings you mean ?
3) hrmm really not to sure about this one it makes sense to me but I have never had a problem do you use 720p because it fits lots more text in or some other rez ?. I know this maybe be a problem in 4x3

QUOTE(yoci @ Jan 27 2008, 03:45 AM) View Post

I use a custom background and I think it looks quite nice. IPB Image

I just replaced the background.png from the SVN with my own before I compiled it.
It would be nice to see a custom background option in the future though.

Yeah thats a nice one I guess its knowing where to look smile.gif after I finish 4x3 I will get into adding more stuff

#36 mindweaver

mindweaver

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Jan 26 2008, 09:01 PM) View Post

1) OK I might make it so if the time goes in the middle the date stays up the top I agree about it lookign empty but I just had no idea wht to put in there
2) disable rss in the xbmc settings you mean ?
3) hrmm really not to sure about this one it makes sense to me but I have never had a problem do you use 720p because it fits lots more text in or some other rez ?. I know this maybe be a problem in 4x3
Yeah thats a nice one I guess its knowing where to look smile.gif after I finish 4x3 I will get into adding more stuff

2. Yeah, when I disable RSS in the xbmc settings, then it would be nice if those bars would disappear smile.gif

3. I use 720p. And with that huge ass icon to the right it looks like 640x480 res smile.gif I would like regular list, like in all others skins. Is it hard to implement?

#37 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:31 PM

not hard at all just personaly I've never needed it

#38 mindweaver

mindweaver

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 08:40 PM

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Jan 26 2008, 10:07 PM) View Post

not hard at all just personaly I've never needed it

Ah. but please do it. the List2 just gives the text like 40-45% of the total area of my TV. that is a waste smile.gif

#39 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 06:46 AM

I'm guessing your not a big fan of custom covers and episode screenshots smile.gif its not wasted space if you use them

#40 mindweaver

mindweaver

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE(Jezz_X @ Jan 27 2008, 07:22 AM) View Post

I'm guessing your not a big fan of custom covers and episode screenshots smile.gif its not wasted space if you use them

Hehe I like all those things, but I see so gawd damn much, that I don't have time to set icons/screenshots on all. I have made custom folder graphics that I use for my Movie dir and TVseries dir. But that is about it.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

But even if I have episode screens, the with that the text is allowed to have is still to narrow smile.gif The beauty of vision was that I get lots of space so that I can see my items to the fullest smile.gif

#41 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

don't worry I will add it just been a little busy

#42 lawdawg0931

lawdawg0931

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 534 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:00 AM

Really enjoying this skin, customizing a little. Agree with the use of custom backgrounds. Thought I'd share a look at mine. IPB Image

#43 BecomethemonsteR

BecomethemonsteR

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,029 posts
  • Interests:Stuff
  • 360 version:v5.0 (360S - trinity)

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:25 AM

I really like the skin!!! I too would like to see custom backgrounds as an option. Here is a screen shot of one I really like.

IPB Image

#44 R111

R111

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 117 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:53 AM

QUOTE(lawdawg0931 @ Jan 28 2008, 06:36 AM) View Post

Thought I'd share a look at mine.

how about sharing the png. so far everyone is sharing screenshots.. tongue.gif

whats bad$ is custom folder background. so can make use of all our background collection..

Edited by R111, 28 January 2008 - 06:56 AM.

#45 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• 4,531 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE(lawdawg0931 @ Jan 28 2008, 04:36 PM) View Post

Really enjoying this skin, customizing a little. Agree with the use of custom backgrounds. Thought I'd share a look at mine

yeah this one is nice care to upload it (link only thanks) so I can use it as a test and not be disgusted while adding the feature back

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users