3 replies to this topic

#1 .Sin

.Sin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:35 AM

Hai GUYZ!
My step dad jsut got an air compressor and I haven't ever done any case modding/painting or anything.
I was just wondering if I could use that bad boy to my advantage or if it's just as easy to stick to spray paint, or what.
I'm very new to all this, And some of the tutorials looked very helpful, but what paint do you suggest?
I know this is a question that is often asked, but I want my 360 to turn out good the first time.
Also, what primer and clear coat do you guys suggest?
Also, out of the tutorials, which one should I use that would be very detailed and will help a noobie out?

Thanks a lot for the assistance, and I will be sure to help other people out here when I learn all my stuff, as a way to return the favor.

#2 snow rider221

snow rider221

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 January 2008 - 06:14 AM

Well do you have an airbrush?

A compressor is no good to you unless you have a good airbrush setup to paint with. If you do, provide us with some info on the setup you have and I can get you started and show you some good tutorials for learning to airbrush. If not... well I guess the compressor is no use to you and you should look at the tutorials for painting with aerosol cans.

#3 .Sin

.Sin

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

I don't think we have one of those yet, but we might be getting one..
but that's probably in a while.
So I'm actually just gonna stick with the aerosol cans.
thanks.

#4 Eddie_the_Hated

Eddie_the_Hated

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 530 posts
  • Interests:Modding... Duh.
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 24 January 2008 - 11:20 PM

hai .SIN!

Well, a compressor is going to do you no good if you're using rattlecans, so that's irrelevant at the moment.

As for paint? I reccommend the rustoleum line of paints if you're stateside. Krylon Fusion is fantastic, but as I recall it's a bit more expensive, so if price is an issue I'd reccomend the former before the latter. What paint is best? That totally depends on what finish you want. Flat or gloss? bright or dark? textured? color-change? The choices are almost endless.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users