Photo

Unknown Error Code "1002" From Light 4 Solved?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pcphantom

pcphantom

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 12:04 PM

I think I may have solved the "1002" error code for the XBOX 360. Here is my recent experience:

I repair game consoles, a good deal of them are 360's. After encountering error code "1002" on a machine I decided to look into the SATA theory. I replaced the SATA cable on mine with a brand new PC SATA cable I had tested and knew worked. Error 1002 from the "Light 4 Only" section now became a screen error code "E66". L noticed the drive had been replaced with a different drive that was not the correct one. Needless to say, I was able to fix the problem and I think the original "1002" was simply a faulty SATA cable or connection. I post this because when I attempted to look it up to see if there was a solution prior to attempting repairs myself I noticed there was no sites that seemed to have the answer.

#2 HOMiE7

HOMiE7

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 110 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:35 PM

I'd got 1002 error code (one red flashing led) when I'd flashed my Philips\Lite-on drive with partially corrupted firmware (unique key and inquiry/identify data was correct). When I'd flashed correct iXtreme firmware all returns to normal.

So 1002 problem is solved for real! rolleyes.gif

#3 armyof1ne

armyof1ne

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE(HOMiE7 @ Jan 30 2009, 02:11 PM) View Post

I'd got 1002 error code (one red flashing led) when I'd flashed my Philips\Lite-on drive with partially corrupted firmware (unique key and inquiry/identify data was correct). When I'd flashed correct iXtreme firmware all returns to normal.

So 1002 problem is solved for real! rolleyes.gif

"1002 DVD Drive Error, likely a firmware error, drive can eject, read, and write under windows but errors on console, replacing original firmware should fix issue." LOL, this has been solved since 2005. (actually before)
But its good you figured it out on your own eh?

#4 renegade800

renegade800

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:22 AM

I've had this message trying to play a new original game. Never had any issues before but this 1002 error kept coming up and not always with the E66 error screen, sometimes just a black screen.

I have tried every combination of suggestions to cure the problem. I have also had several drives in my console and kinda lost track of the original version.

I currently have a Benq drive but previously had both a Hitachi and a a few Toshiba-samsungs. I tried re-flashing updating and spoofing as every model available and still had no joy. As a last half assed attempt I didn't spoof at all and Bingo!! All is good, live is good and now life is good!!

The thing is every game I tried after I did every flash worked bar the new one be it original or backup. I don't know if anyone else has had this. I must have spoofed 5 models of drive to be sure of my original but new stuff only works as a drive I know for sure isn't original on uncopied (sorry un-backedup) games.

Anyway for anyone having the same issues I hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users