13 replies to this topic

#1 lisek99

lisek99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:15 AM

Hello everybody,

I am new to all that flashing stuff so I did not know that I should save my original firmware so it is gone. I flashed my Benq with iXtreme v1.41 x8 and it is a little bit too loud for me. So I decided to flash it again with same firmware but x5. I begin to research how to do it but unfortunately I found out that I should save my original firmware in order to do it. So my question is, can I still flesh my drive without original firmware ?

#2 rickai

rickai

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:43 AM

yes if you still have the 8x just take the key off. then put the key on the 5x and flash your benq with it

#3 lisek99

lisek99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 09:17 AM

Ok. thatís good. One more question, why do I need to save original firmware for if I can still flash it anyway ?

#4 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 27 January 2008 - 10:45 AM

You should keep it so that if you ever need to restore it to it's original stock state.... It's always go to have a reference, just incase you're the first user with a new version or something.... In the case of Benq there are 5 different version already with different key locations, iXteme is based on 1 of them, but if you don't keep the original you wouldn't know which one.....

Edited by podger, 27 January 2008 - 10:47 AM.

#5 lisek99

lisek99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 07:40 PM

Ok, so now when there is no chance to get original firmware back, can I just connect my xbox to the computer again and back up current firmware or it does not matter in the future any way because it will be useless ?

#6 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:03 PM

Definately, hook it up to the PC and dump the firmware and extract the key using firmware toolbox..

If you ever needed to replace the drive you would need it....

So, as long as you have the Key you are all set, I reckon you do if all you are put out by is the noise of the drive and not that the games won't actually play... Make a copy of the key, email to yourself etc... you'll have a paper weigth with out it..

Strictly speaking if you wanted to get back to stock firmware you could as long as you have the DVD Key, but that a whole other discussion...

#7 lisek99

lisek99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:16 PM

Ok., so I got the key but now I need original benq firmware. If some someone could send me theirs that will be great

Edit

I got 2 files BENQ-CFW and BENQ-OFW and in both is the same key I don’t know if that’s how it should to be.

Edited by lisek99, 27 January 2008 - 08:21 PM.

#8 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 27 January 2008 - 11:50 PM

-OFW is the original firmware, or at least the one on the drive when you started

-CFW is the one generated by firmtools and then flased to your drive..

Firmtools extracts the key from the -OFW and inserts it into the the -CFW that iPrep put there for you

#9 lisek99

lisek99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 04:04 AM

ziom99@gmail.com

That is my email if someone would like to send me an original firmware.

#10 ZprivateZ

ZprivateZ

X-S Enthusiast

• XS-BANNED
  • 1 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:34 AM

email sent

#11 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 12:44 PM

lisek99,

I'd be careful if I were you, there are 5 different key loactions in the Benq, so don't rely on just one version, as it may be the wrong one..... You don't really need to have the orig.bin as long as you have your Key..... If your drive is working fine with iXtreme, then I'd leave well enough alone.......
I've no doubt that you could figure out which variant you have, but what's the point..

#12 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 01:38 PM

The firmware version is on the drvie label in the bottom left hand corner, use this to ask for the correct revision..

#13 lisek99

lisek99

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE(podger @ Jan 28 2008, 02:14 PM) View Post

The firmware version is on the drvie label in the bottom left hand corner, use this to ask for the correct revision..

I did what you said and my FW rev is 64930C. Two kind members of this site sanded me an original firmware and both of them are 64930C, so I am all set I just have to copy my key and thatís it.

Thank you all for your help.

#14 NO1B4ME202

NO1B4ME202

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE(lisek99 @ Jan 28 2008, 01:54 PM) View Post

I did what you said and my FW rev is 64930C. Two kind members of this site sanded me an original firmware and both of them are 64930C, so I am all set I just have to copy my key and thatís it.

Thank you all for your help.

Can you please send those to me as i have the same problem you do. My email is luisc95gst@yahoo.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users