#1 BenBenMan

BenBenMan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:none

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:47 AM

I've got my Xbox softmodded to run XBMC, and it's great. However, one thing that would make it a bit more awesome would be if I could plug my SD cards from my camera into it to view my photos. I tried using my USB card reader (a generic 6-in-1 reader) with an SD card and the Xbox didn't recognise it. However when I plug that into a computer, it comes up as four different drives for the different kinds of cards it supports ... I'm guessing this is why it doesn't work?

I'm thinking of getting something like this and seeing if it will work, since it should appear as only one USB MSC device. Is it likely that this will work? Has anyone tried reading SD cards on the Xbox with any success?

#2 OCF

OCF

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 320 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:06 AM

I highly doubt you will be able to get XBMC to recognise any USB device that requires drivers, hence why using a standard USB wireless adapter is not a viable option for networking, if you can find the linux device drivers for the card reader then you could run it through linux on the xbox.

#3 c_a_messmer

c_a_messmer

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 209 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:16 PM

I've had my xbox read a sd carb before with a usb adaptor. I'm not saying any one will work but it is possible.

#4 Guitarzan01

Guitarzan01

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Interests:Xboxing, computering, music.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:15 PM

My xboxes wont read my sdhc card reader...

#5 gtd65

gtd65

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:49 PM

I've been through this on one Xbox that has a multi-card reader soldered onto the Xbox controller connector.

The card reader is not detected by Xbox A but it is detected by Xbox B.

I've just built another card reader for use with Xbox A but neither work in it.

Will need to test it in Xbox B to see if the new one works - then at least I know it's some difference with the Xboxes which are both Soft-modded.

Xbox A is using the Unleash X mod and off the top of my head I'm not sure what Xbox B is - but it uses XBMC as the dashboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users