#1 GreatBarrier86

GreatBarrier86

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:27 PM

Hi,

I have a Hitachi-LG which i flashed a while back not really knowning specifically what i put on there because i was such a newbie. I just followed the instructions of the Xbox Textbook. But since then, i've modded some BenQs and some TSs and now i want to update the firmware on mine. But i'd like to put the same thing (just updated) that i already have on there. I know the toolbox has firmware included, but i'm not sure which ones.

Thanks,

Jason

#2 cypher21

cypher21

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:40 PM

4.6 has ixtreme 1.4

I don;t understand what you mean with "But i'd like to put the same thing (just updated) that i already have on there"

If you want the same thing on the drive, then leave it as it is smile.gif

#3 GreatBarrier86

GreatBarrier86

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE(cypher21 @ Jan 28 2008, 12:16 PM) View Post
4.6 has ixtreme 1.4

I don;t understand what you mean with "But i'd like to put the same thing (just updated) that i already have on there"

If you want the same thing on the drive, then leave it as it is smile.gif

Cypher,

Thanks for the help

If i am correct, there are several different versions of the ixtreme. I've seen Birdy's, GaryOPA's and Commodore4EVA's. I'm not entirely sure which one is included in the FW toolbox. I'd just like to put the one by the same guy on.

#4 cypher21

cypher21

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

there's only one iXtreme fimware, created by Commodore4EVA the rest is older.

#5 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 January 2008 - 06:56 PM

GreatBarrier86

If you are going to update an Hitachi, it's a good idea to restore the orignal first with which ever iXtreme/Xtreme version you flased it with originally.

The Hitachis are different from the Sammy and Benqs insofar as with the Sammy and Benq you can flash the entire chip in one go and also they can be put into a recovery mode if the flash goes wrong...

The Hitachi can only be written on a sector by sector basis and is restored the same way by writing the sectors from the orig.bin. So the restores only restore the sectores that it modified, if you restore with a different version it may not fix the sectors changed by the earlier version and you end up with a bad flash with bits and pieces of differnet code...... If you search for posts like "Restored my Orig.bin, still plays backups, WTF" you will seen what I mean......

Edited by podger, 28 January 2008 - 06:58 PM.

#6 GreatBarrier86

GreatBarrier86

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 07:02 PM

QUOTE(podger @ Jan 28 2008, 01:32 PM) View Post
GreatBarrier86

If you are going to update an Hitachi, it's a good idea to restore the orignal first with which ever iXtreme/Xtreme version you flased it with originally.

What do you mean? Put the original non-xtreme firmware back on? then flash to the new one? Because i accidentally deleted my old non xtreme firmware...

#7 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:10 PM

Each package come with it's own restore batch file and this is the one you should use

#8 cypher21

cypher21

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:17 PM

It's just like Podger sais, you need to RESTORE the hitachi before you update. This does NOT require the original firmware (if you have a 78 you need to create it with toolbox)
After restoring, you can update it to the newest version

But this should not be new because you read the tutorials thoroughly offcourse rolleyes.gif

#9 GreatBarrier86

GreatBarrier86

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

QUOTE(cypher21 @ Jan 28 2008, 02:53 PM) View Post
It's just like Podger sais, you need to RESTORE the hitachi before you update. This does NOT require the original firmware (if you have a 78 you need to create it with toolbox)
After restoring, you can update it to the newest version

But this should not be new because you read the tutorials thoroughly offcourse :rolleyes:

Cypher,

I was reading the Readme included and it mentioned that you need the orig.bin from the first read. Future versions will not require it, but the present ones do. Perhaps that was an old readme?

#10 GreatBarrier86

GreatBarrier86

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE(GreatBarrier86 @ Jan 28 2008, 03:17 PM) View Post

Cypher,

I was reading the Readme included and it mentioned that you need the orig.bin from the first read. Future versions will not require it, but the present ones do. Perhaps that was an old readme?

Oh i forgot to mention that i have the H-LG 78fk...bummer

#11 cypher21

cypher21

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 11:47 PM

you can create an original firmware with toolbox for the 78

Just dump the current firmware, and then open it, click "tools" and then Recover Lost Original file.

It will create a new original firmware for the 78 with the right key.

After that, do "tools>direct drive flash>differential flash PATCH" and it will flash the original to the drive.

When the drive is back to it's original firmware, open the original firmware and click tools>smart hack patcher to create a new ixtreme 1.4 firmware, open that check the key and do "tools>direct drive flash>differential flash PATCH" again.

It will now flash the new ixtreme firmware smile.gif

Hopefully this "small tutorial" will help you

GL smile.gif

#12 GreatBarrier86

GreatBarrier86

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE(cypher21 @ Jan 28 2008, 06:23 PM) View Post
you can create an original firmware with toolbox for the 78

Just dump the current firmware, and then open it, click "tools" and then Recover Lost Original file.

It will create a new original firmware for the 78 with the right key.

After that, do "tools>direct drive flash>differential flash PATCH" and it will flash the original to the drive.

When the drive is back to it's original firmware, open the original firmware and click tools>smart hack patcher to create a new ixtreme 1.4 firmware, open that check the key and do "tools>direct drive flash>differential flash PATCH" again.

It will now flash the new ixtreme firmware smile.gif

Hopefully this "small tutorial" will help you

GL smile.gif

Thanks dude...i assume the dump is done using RAW and not Classic?

#13 GreatBarrier86

GreatBarrier86

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 04:36 AM

Cypher,

Is it normal that the newly created original firmware still say IXtreme on it? Mine Does.

#14 cypher21

cypher21

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:46 AM

For the first one: yes, RAW mode.

If toolbox sees the "original" firmware as iXtreme, that's not good. Try it again.

I'm at work atm, so i don't have the link by hand, but if you can get hold of an original 78 firmware, you can also change the key to yours and flash that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users