3 replies to this topic

#1 sharpie00

sharpie00

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 02:09 PM

This is going to sound like a silly question, but I was wondering if it was possible.

Could I flash my Matrix with the original XBOX bios (after resizing it with XBTOOL)? I would flash my onboard TSOP with the Xecuter 4976.02 bios.

The reason I'm asking is because I have an LED installed on my case. This LED tells me when the modchip is on. However, the idiot that I am, I used a 3000mcd Red LED and it's burning a tumor into my eye. When I turn the modchip off, the LED turns off. And instead of disconnecting the LED completely, I was wondering if I could switch around the bioses. When the modchip is off, I would be using a modded XBOX (via the TSOP), and when the modchip is on, I'd be using the original bios.

I just wanted to know if it was possible?

Thanks smile.gif

sharpie00

#2 cribby08

cribby08

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 02:12 PM

Good question, not stupid at all. I would like to know also. I would think you could do it. I'm sure there will be someone to confirm this.

#3 sharpie00

sharpie00

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 02:18 PM

I just tried loading the 4034 bios into XBTool and it wouldn't work. So now my question is, since the new v1.2 XBOX's have 256k bioses, could I use that on my v1.0 box? I'd be flashing it to the Matrix, so I was just wondering if there was anything else I'd need to look out for.

smile.gif

sharpie00

#4 sharpie00

sharpie00

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 03:37 AM

^bump^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users