xjimdim

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 65 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 31 January 2008 - 02:32 AM

Hey everyone... today i just played my first DivX on my new 360 wink.gif It's awesome wink.gif

but what I want now is play those .avi files with their srt (subtitle) files.... in xbox 1 media center i was available to choose the srt file and just let it play with the movie... can i do something like that at the xbox 360???

I hope somebody here knows... cause there's nothing about it anywhere

Peace..

#2 chrislynch

chrislynch

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 31 January 2008 - 05:17 AM

QUOTE(xjimdim @ Jan 30 2008, 06:08 PM)  

Hey everyone... today i just played my first DivX on my new 360 wink.gif It's awesome wink.gif

but what I want now is play those .avi files with their srt (subtitle) files.... in xbox 1 media center i was available to choose the srt file and just let it play with the movie... can i do something like that at the xbox 360???

Peace..

Sorry. The Xbox 360 does not support subtitles as streams inside AVI. The Xbxo 360 does not support the Matroska container format. And, ASF (Microsoft's container format for Windows Media Video) does not support any type of streams then video and audio.

The only solution I can think of is that you should convert it to WMV and burn in the subtitles.

#3 OneLBil

OneLBil

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE(chrislynch @ Jan 30 2008, 11:53 PM)  

Sorry. The Xbox 360 does not support subtitles as streams inside AVI. The Xbxo 360 does not support the Matroska container format. And, ASF (Microsoft's container format for Windows Media Video) does not support any type of streams then video and audio.

The only solution I can think of is that you should convert it to WMV and burn in the subtitles.

TVersity will stream your avi AND srt to xBOX360. Check the FAQ on their site for the particulars if you don't already figure it out

#4 crazyeddie68

crazyeddie68

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(xjimdim @ Jan 30 2008, 09:32 PM)  

Peace..

Try this tutorial,let me know how you make out.

CODE
http://forums.tversity.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=9629

#5 wulfie

wulfie

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 April 2010 - 03:22 PM

why not just hardcode the subs? takes like 10mins

#6 MaxEgg

MaxEgg

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 April 2010 - 04:58 PM

what app you use to hardcode them in there?

i've used some apps and it takes just as long as it does to re-encode the entire movie.

if there is another (public-free) application out there that can do it much faster, i'd love to be in on it.

#7 wulfie

wulfie

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:04 PM

QUOTE(MaxEgg @ Apr 20 2010, 11:58 AM)  

what app you use to hardcode them in there?

i've used some apps and it takes just as long as it does to re-encode the entire movie.

if there is another (public-free) application out there that can do it much faster, i'd love to be in on it.

http://www.my-guides...nt/view/154/44/

#8 MaxEgg

MaxEgg

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 20 April 2010 - 06:24 PM

Thanks.

this is the way I currently do it. However, maybe my computer is just too old, its takes a long time since this method actually re-encodes the files, which makes sense anyway.

I'll probably continue this way until i get a new pc and just let it run while i sleep.

mine takes 2-3 hours depending on the video size and quality, not 10 minutes, heh, i wish.

Edited by MaxEgg, 20 April 2010 - 06:24 PM.

#9 ninonin69

ninonin69

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE(wulfie @ Apr 20 2010, 06:04 PM)  

thank you

Edited by ninonin69, 09 May 2010 - 12:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users