#1 sncboom2k

sncboom2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 04:02 PM

Ok so here's the deal...

Modded an xbox a year ago with the X1. Unlocked the HDD and installed everything. Cool - worked great. Now the modchip (X1) is crapped out - won't turn on. Ok - disconnect it. Xbox comes up now - but the HDD is still unlocked and won't boot to the original dash. How can I relock the HDD using this xbox so that I can flash the bios or what not?!

Of course we know, you can't lock it using another machine - screwed there.
I guess I could pull the backup file off the drive and use it to lock the drive with a PC???

Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Sncboom2k

#2 BCfosheezy

BCfosheezy

X-S Freak

• XS-BANNED
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 10 June 2003 - 04:35 PM

I would just buy a cheapmod and solder that bastard in.
You have another option. You mentioned another modded xbox when you were talking about it being impossible to lock this hd with that box. If you have that then read on.

You can unsolder both eeproms. Solder the eeprom from the xbox with the locked hd onto the mobo that you want to use your unlocked hd with. Install the LOCKED drive. Do the agent under fire tsop flash. Now you will be able to boot with your unlocked hard drive. You don't really even need to switch eeproms back. You can just use configmagic to unlock and relock.

#3 dzv

dzv

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 June 2003 - 05:23 PM

De-soldering and re-soldering your EEPROM chips sounds like a lot more trouble than it's worth, I would use that as a last resort.

I guess I could pull the backup file off the drive and use it to lock the drive with a PC???

Yes, if you have this info backed up, you should be able to lock it using a PC.

Alternatively, you could try a much easier variation of the EEPROM swapping method. Instead of swapping EEPROM chips, simply swap EEPROM data. I've never tried this before, but Config Magic has the capability of saving and loading EEPROM data. First, backup the EEPROM data to HDD in the other Xbox. Then, put your HDD into that Xbox, and use Config Magic to load your EEPROM data from HDD. Lock your HDD, and place it back into your Xbox. It should now work no problem. You should then restore the EEPROM data of the other Xbox from HDD.

Like I said, I haven't tried this, but it sounds easier and safer than swapping EEPROM chips.

#4 sncboom2k

sncboom2k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 03:38 PM

Thank you gentlemen for your advice. I did what I mentioned - took the backup info and locked the HD using my PC. It worked great. Then I used the 007 trick to flash the TSOP and it works without a hitch.

I do like the idea of switching the eeprom data with config magic. Might give that a shot someday. I'm not ready to desolder and resolder a tsop just yet. Need the proper flat pack soldering equipment for that.

Thanks again
Sncboom2k

Edited by sncboom2k, 11 June 2003 - 03:38 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users