2 replies to this topic

#1 fish_breath

fish_breath

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:06 PM

There is no other place that I can find to post this question.

Is there a Slayers disk or some other install disk that allows you to select which programs you want to install on you're X-Box or can someone post a list of programs that can be deleted off the X-Box without killing the X-Box?

1st off I did not modify my chipped system someone else did and there are programs on my X-box that I will never ever use and I don't even know what they do. They are sitting there doing nothing but taking up space on my X-Box and I want to delete them But I also do not want to kill my X-Box.

I don't even dare to even launch the .xbe in these becuase I don't even know what these programs do.
Here is a list of everything that is on my F drive under Apps and I want to know what programs on this list can be deleted without killing the X-Box I have types them exactly how they are on my system putting capitals where they are and such

What can I delete from this list:
BiosCheck
Config Magic
FlashX_v1.0
xb-ftp062
XBcopy 0.25
xbftp
XBWatch
Xenium Test

#2 openxdkman

openxdkman

X-S Genius

• PipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:47 AM

You probably have a dashboard on C: that is at the same time an hidden ftp server. As long as C: is not damaged, you are safe.

On C:, you should have a .ini file that may refer to specific programs in Apps (if it just refers to Apps and lists automatically what is there, it's perfect, you don't need to touch it).

If you delete files (but do not delete Apps directory itself), nothing bad will occur. Either list of apps you can launch will shrink or won't react (and turn red).

For ultimate safety :
- backup entirely C: on your pc, save it on cd, never lose it.
- backup the apps you want to delete (optional)
- delete the apps (but not the Apps directory)

Maybe Magic Config allows to switch between pal and ntsc which might be interesting. Dunno.
That's the only App that can help you if stuff is pal or ntsc specific or your TV has preference (components to vga boxes usually expect ntsc signal).

Still nowadays, xbmc is the favorite app for xbox1. So be sure to try it once.

Edited by openxdkman, 02 February 2008 - 09:48 AM.

#3 gasclown

gasclown

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 08 February 2008 - 12:19 AM

If you have Xbmc and Evolutionx (or Slayers with ftp access) you can delete all of those.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users