OpEnUpYoUrEyE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 02 February 2008 - 08:54 PM

Is there any way to take a stander wierless controler and mod it into a wiered guitar to make it wierless? I would like to try this if it would be possible?

#2 Robotboy1

Robotboy1

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 281 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 02 February 2008 - 09:47 PM

It wouldn't be easy or convienent. And its spelt wired. and wireless. not weired and weirless.

#3 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 02 February 2008 - 10:25 PM

Okay, if you're gonna be one of "those" guys - it's spelled "spelled". It is possible, but he's correct when he says it's not easy. Convenient? Yes (the whole idea behind wireless is convenience), but not easy, and also not cheap, since you would have to use a first party controller, or another guitar, which would make it pointless as well.

#4 OpEnUpYoUrEyE

OpEnUpYoUrEyE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:00 PM

well I have an extra controller and guitar. Pluse I enjoy mussing with junk. So are you saying it is possible?

#5 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:24 PM

It's entirely possible, but what you end up with is a Wireless controller shaped like a Guitar, not a Wireless Guitar. The GH games 'see' the actual Guitar controllers and regular 360 controllers differently and treat them as such, so while you'd have a Wireless looking Guitar the game is still going to treat it as a Wireless controller.

Then you run into the problem of the Plectrum, it's useless making a mod like this, since just pressing the buttons is all ya have to do on the Wireless controller because it does the picking part on it's own, and if ya do use it in series with the buttons then that makes doing hammer ons and pull offs in the game impossible unless you hold the Plectrum down thru that entire section. You could wire it up and play it just hitting the Plectrum for effect, but no matter how ya go about it a Wireless looking Guitar craps all over the experience of playing the game with the actual Guitar controller.

It's doable, but not worth all the headache you'd have to go thru to make it even half playable, and if not for the Plectrum issue or the game treating the controller so differently I'd have done it already myself and fully intend to with the RB drum kit, unless it as something specific about it that screws that idea up as well.

#6 OpEnUpYoUrEyE

OpEnUpYoUrEyE

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 11:31 PM

this is true didnt think about the strumming part... well that suck. I wanted to do this....

thanks for your help

#7 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 04 February 2008 - 01:52 AM

Well a friend of mine works in EB here in Aus and their head office sent them down wired Les Paul Gibson guitars for GH3 so that people in the stores couldn't steal them after playing the game in the store. Let me see if I can grab it from his work and I will take it apart and take photo's and compare with my wireless Les Paul Gibson.

Not sure if that would help you or anybody else wanting to do this but I will try to grab ahold of one for you guys. If not just ask people at EB or other retailers who have a showcase wired controller in their store and see if it is possible to buy one from them

#8 RDC

RDC

X-S Seraphic

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,782 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:10 AM

QUOTE(Helios @ Feb 3 2008, 08:28 PM) View Post

Well a friend of mine works in EB here in Aus and their head office sent them down wired Les Paul Gibson guitars for GH3 so that people in the stores couldn't steal them after playing the game in the store. Let me see if I can grab it from his work and I will take it apart and take photo's and compare with my wireless Les Paul Gibson.

Not sure if that would help you or anybody else wanting to do this but I will try to grab ahold of one for you guys. If not just ask people at EB or other retailers who have a showcase wired controller in their store and see if it is possible to buy one from them

That's most likely just to power the thing and/or as you said to keep people's sticky fingers off it. Be nice to see the insides of it if it's something other than just a power source or a lame theft deterrent though.

#9 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE(RDC @ Feb 4 2008, 12:16 PM) View Post

That's most likely just to power the thing and/or as you said to keep people's sticky fingers off it. Be nice to see the insides of it if it's something other than just a power source or a lame theft deterrent though.

It definitley is a wired controller because when I first checked it out I figured it was just a theft proof lock type thing on the guitar but the guitar has no battery bay in the back of it, has no detachable neck (from what I can remember) and is definitely a USB Les Paul Gibson guitar. I found this out when the guitar had been unplugged and I could see a black USB lead behind the kiosk.

Anyway will see what my mate can do. I think he should be able to borrow it overnight, if not he will let me come in and take it apart in the store room biggrin.gif

Will keep y'all updated

#10 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 04 February 2008 - 05:54 AM

Right - but it's most likely only powered via USB, and it could still be a "wireless" controller (as in it syncs to the 360 wirelessly, and only uses the USB for the 5v connection). It has a sync button, and the neck *does* separate, but they're all (kiosk guitars) screwed into the body so you can't steal it.

#11 Helios

Helios

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE(brandogg @ Feb 4 2008, 03:00 PM) View Post

Right - but it's most likely only powered via USB, and it could still be a "wireless" controller (as in it syncs to the 360 wirelessly, and only uses the USB for the 5v connection). It has a sync button, and the neck *does* separate, but they're all (kiosk guitars) screwed into the body so you can't steal it.

Yeah true. You may be right but I will head down to the place with my camera and take photo's of it on Thursday which will be your Wednesday in the US (Tuesday right now as I type) so we will find out soon. I can always ask the manager about it as well and see what he has to say about the whole kiosk guitar.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users