• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 *-=StaTiK=-*

*-=StaTiK=-*

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 05:38 PM

I've been using a WD 120GB 8MB cache drive but it wouldn't lock. So I picked up a 120GB 8MB cache Maxtor yetsterday that will lock. I don't really have any easy way of transfering all my games and stuff unless I can clone the drive. I read the tutorial by Jeepman and followed it 100%. When I put the new drive in it booted to EvoX but for some reason would not obtain a IP address via DHCP even tho it was still set up for it. So I set it up with a static addy. Then I went to launch games/apps and none of them were in the launch menu. So I thought maybe it was just having issues with the config file. I FTPd into my box and the fdrive is empty. That's where I had all my stuff at! sad.gif I have copied the drive twice now. The first time using Ghost 2002 with the /ir switch. The second time using DiskPro Lite. If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong I would be greatful to recieve some help! smile.gif Thanks in advance guys!

Edited by *-=StaTiK=-*, 10 June 2003 - 05:39 PM.

#2 nexgenhalo

nexgenhalo

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts
  • Interests:gamertags:<br><br> XBL--- YOUKNOWWHO<br> EVERYTHING ELSE--- nexgenhalo

Posted 10 June 2003 - 06:28 PM

i would suggest copying the old harddrive to your pc via flashFXP then transfer it to your new harddrive. its as simple as that.

#3 *-=StaTiK=-*

*-=StaTiK=-*

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 06:32 PM

Not enough free space on my PC. A clone would be the easiest way possible if I could just get it to work right.

#4 TheNut

TheNut

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 08:20 PM

i would use norton ghost and boot it up with dos with only those 2 drives hooked up to ur computer make sure ur maxtor has nothing on it so it might be easyer to transfer ur files.......on ur computer make sure it boots floppy,hdd, cd or something like that so it will get the floppy faster

this not might not work at all becuase the xboxs hd is in fatx (right) and i dont think pcs can read it without doing something i dont now but this is how i would do it. This is the way i do it with a pc when i backup peoples hd and it might work

#5 *-=StaTiK=-*

*-=StaTiK=-*

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 04:09 AM

I did use Norton Ghost and the Maxtor Drive was empty. It was brand new and unpartitioned. I used Norton Ghost with /ir just like the tutorial by Jeepman suggested. They were also the only 2 drives hooked to the computer. Anyone else have ideas?

#6 Pheonix

Pheonix

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 08:29 AM

as also a way to defragment, you can transfer via FTP between two xboxs but it can take quite some time.

well not too much, but games like star wars contain about 5 milion <1MB files.

other than that i suggest norton ghost, i'd say image but your puter's HD won't hold that size.

#7 *-=StaTiK=-*

*-=StaTiK=-*

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 08:45 AM

trying a program i found in a zip named "xbox_clone" on xbins. boots from a linux floppy. crossing my fingers sad.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users