• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 xbxfrk2002

xbxfrk2002

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 05:47 PM

I have a bad tsop and I have given up on trying to fix it. So could I use a chameleon instead and be xbox live safe? I currently use the matrix chip to boot up my xbox. When playing xbox live I heard you need a 1 meg image of the original bios loaded in order to play. So could I have my 256 k evox image on my matrix chip and then reboot and switch to a 1 meg image of the original bios on the chameleon chip when I want to play online or would that not work.

#2 Terroth

Terroth

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 10 June 2003 - 06:23 PM

Sounds like it would work :? Be a good idea too if it did.

#3 xbxfrk2002

xbxfrk2002

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 07:34 PM

I think my Tsop chip is alright but it has a bad flash. I can't reflash it because there is too much burn damage on the solder points used to disable the write protection. Also resistor R7D2 was accidently lifted and I think that plays a key part in disabling the write protection because its located below the two solder points. I'm amazed that I can even boot with my matrix chip. Hopefully I can use my chameleon chip to replace the tsop and play on xbox live. I would hate to have to pay 50 bucks and then get banned.

Hey does anyone know if you have to have a 1 meg image of the original bios or can it be 256k?

Here is an image of resistor R7D2
user posted image

#4 Xeero

Xeero

Welcome Back!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,413 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 10 June 2003 - 08:23 PM

I believe that Live only checks the BIOS image loaded into memory, which is it to say that it does not have the capability of checking the remaining banks of the PROM. As long as you boot an original BIOS (even 256K), you're fine to play Live. It doesn't matter what's in the other banks or what hardware on which it is stored.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users