• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bluesfan

bluesfan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 February 2008 - 08:20 PM

I'm sure it's a newb question...I have a old Xbox 360 that does NOT have a HDMI...my TV is a 62 " Samsung DLP and it has component or VGA...I'm wondering if VGA is better then component?

Thank you

Dennis

#2 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 04 February 2008 - 09:27 PM

It depends on the TV, essentially. It's almost the same exact (analog) connection, but you get more resolution options with VGA, provided that your TV supports them. Most will say VGA is better, and it usually is, since you can usually get 1:1 pixel mapping without any overscan.

#3 bluesfan

bluesfan

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:33 AM

Well...I have a 61 inch Samsung DLP 1080p if that helps...I know it has a VGA input...just wanting to get the best quality as possible. Thanks for the reply.

Dennis

#4 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:27 AM

Go to Gamestop and buy a VGA cable - if you don't notice a (positive) difference, then take it back.

#5 Antman1

Antman1

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,227 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 05 February 2008 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE(brandogg @ Feb 5 2008, 05:03 AM) View Post

Go to Gamestop and buy a VGA cable - if you don't notice a (positive) difference, then take it back.

No returns on opened cables from gamestop/EB Games. They will say they will buy it back from you for 15 or 10 bucks and you will pay 39.95 for it. I bought it, then returned it before opening and then made my own using a VGA extension cable and an old non component cable. Looks great on my 19" Dell LCD Monitor. Always ask if they will return stuff before you buy it if you dont like it. I did and it made me say "WHAA" and I did not want to be stuck with it. most of the cable and stuff in my house I made myself. smile.gif It saves money.

#6 brandogg

brandogg

X-S Messiah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,091 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 09:07 PM

I'm pretty sure that they have to accept a return on cables, even if it's in their policy not to do so. I don't know exactly what the laws are (talking about the US here), but I'm pretty sure anything you buy has to have at least a 3 day return window, not including stuff like software.

#7 SphtKr76

SphtKr76

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 783 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1

Posted 05 February 2008 - 10:51 PM

I also have a 61" Samsung, I have used component and VGA and preferred VGA overall. The no overscan is what sold me.

#8 bugman72

bugman72

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 07:04 PM

May I make a suggestion for any of you who want to buy a VGA cable for the 360? Go here and save yourself a TON of money! Excellent quality without having to pay the inflated MS price.

Xbox 360 VGA Cable

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users