X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 04 February 2008 - 10:48 PM

I have a chip modded xbox 360

and I am playing backed up games and I am quite happy

but I am concerned that my xbox would go death and since I chip modded, I can not get under warranty

so here are two questions

1. How do I make my case so that I can get better air flow (do I make hole or do I cut a chunk of my case?)

2. Is it better to put a fan on my of my motherboard instead of having a fan that is in the back (the one that comes with xbox 360) so that I can kill power for my old fan and get a new fan

Thank

Edited by google123, 04 February 2008 - 10:55 PM.

#2 12B3

12B3

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:09 AM

check out the tut sections in case modding and look under cooling, some truly cool mods there.

you can replace that fan in back with a more functional one and also, again looking at the tuts section do things like reseal so to speak your heat sinks for more efficiency.

#3 Steve-0

Steve-0

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  • Interests:putting blue 3mm led's in things that doesn't already have them, cutting holes, oooh oooh and plexi.
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:40 AM

lets just hope you actually own the backed up games you are playing quite happily.

and yes the tuts are your main source of answers, personally i would get a better exhaust fan and devide the air duct, even go as far as replacing the thermal compound and x clamps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users