Photo

Did Xbmc/mc360 Skin Have A File Explorer At One Time?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Monkey Bread

Monkey Bread

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 07:06 PM

I recall the first few versions of the MC360 skin with XBMC having a file explorer in one of the blades. I don't see it anymore and now I have to use boXplorer, which is ok for some things but I don't like it as well. So what happened?

Also, it seems that scripts have become so "out there" as far as being practical/useful and are even more tricky at getting them to work correctly now than "back in the day". It seems like they're broken right off the bat. I used to love the Launch music video player. I know most of the reason for its decline was Yahoo redoing the links and such--is there anything like that now?

Any recommendations for useful scripts, or are scripts a thing of the past?

#2 Jezz_X

Jezz_X

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,531 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:none

Posted 05 February 2008 - 11:41 PM

its in system blade\memory\file explorer

#3 Stefan Leroux

Stefan Leroux

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 06 February 2008 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE(Monkey Bread @ Feb 5 2008, 06:42 PM) View Post

Also, it seems that scripts have become so "out there" as far as being practical/useful and are even more tricky at getting them to work correctly now than "back in the day". It seems like they're broken right off the bat. I used to love the Launch music video player. I know most of the reason for its decline was Yahoo redoing the links and such--is there anything like that now?

Any recommendations for useful scripts, or are scripts a thing of the past?

I doubt scripts will ever be a thing of the past, but the plugin method does seem to be replacing them. In saying that there is a Yahoo! Music Videos plugin which works pretty well (I rarely use Net media on my box, but I tested it the other day and it was working fine. A quick search on Google should find you it, and then it can be added directly as a source in your videos instead of launching a script everytime.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users