#1 jph2001

jph2001

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 07 February 2008 - 01:36 AM

couple days ago i woke up and noticed my xbox was turned on. I tried to turn it off but as soon as I turn it off it just turns itself on again and again. checked almost everything but i dont think i can fix this.

So here's my question. If I buy any used xbox with any modchip then connect my old xbox hdd, will I be able to keep and use all the contents in the hdd? or do i need to do some work? Im kinda new to all this u know tongue.gif
Currently I have 1.1 xbox with smartxx v2 midchip.

#2 mtsaint

mtsaint

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 205 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:29 AM

no u need a modchip that support multiple bios's and its booting your current bios is all and when u swap the hd to the new xbox make sure its unlocked otherwise it wont boot

#3 Lolotheguru

Lolotheguru

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 August 2008 - 02:43 PM

Hi,
I have the exact same problem. I turn off the box and in less than a minute, it turns on by itself.
There used to be a smartxx v2 installed on it. I removed it after I had that problem, thinking the modchip was the source of the problem. I softmodded the box. Everything works fine but it still powers up by itself every 1 minute sad.gif
Any idea ???

Thanks

#4 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 August 2008 - 09:50 AM

Check your model version of your xbox. 1.6 and 1.6b versions have a transistor on the mobo that can become bad. Replacing it can solve the issue of auto powering on. The topic has been discussed several times on this forum already.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users