• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zaint

Zaint

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 06:58 AM

first off i want to say i did read the tutorial on how to wire the LED lights but im as noob as you can get when it comes to this and hardly anything made sence. im attempting my first mod. i dont know where i would solder the LEDs im not sure if there is a certain point i need to wire or solder the LEDs to on the 360 itself or if i have a tottaly seperate power source. I have 4 green 5mm 2.1v LED light and a solder tool, im not sure if i need other things then that sad.gif like i said im a complete noob when it comes to the technical stuff any info and links could help.

#2 Grim187

Grim187

X-S Freak

• Head Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,662 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:05 AM

http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=505106
use the 5v in front of the CPU for power, remember to put a 100ohm 1/4th a watt on each led.

you can use the cage for the ground (i.e. solder the ground wire to the cage).

i would suggest you get some rosin flux, it makes the solder stick alot better.

#3 Zaint

Zaint

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 February 2008 - 07:50 AM

what would connect to the 5v, would i use a resistor or a type of wire also very sorry to say this i know its probably a very dumb question but what is a 100ohm 1/4th watt. uhh.gif

#4 xxLTSBDxx

xxLTSBDxx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 07 February 2008 - 08:06 AM

QUOTE(Zaint @ Feb 6 2008, 11:26 PM) View Post

what would connect to the 5v, would i use a resistor or a type of wire also very sorry to say this i know its probably a very dumb question but what is a 100ohm 1/4th watt. uhh.gif

ok you would connect the positive wire to the 5v on the front and the negative to the cage as a ground, you use wire to connect the LED's (usually in a series) with resistors on the positive wire. red is usually positive and black it usually negative/ground. and a 100 ohm 1/4 watt resistor is the type of resistor you would use for the LED's. you can find them online or at like a radioshack or some place like that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users