• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 newskiller

newskiller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:11 AM

I have a HDD in one xbox (softmodded Mechassault /Krayzie Ndure/Pen drive). What do I need to do in order to swap it to another Xbox for which I have the EEPROM backed up.

I have previously used hotswapping and xboxhdm to create clean and softmodded drives. Is that where I should be looking?

I just haven't figured it yet. I shall search the forums when I get time, I know the answer will be here, but if someone can point me in the right direction that would be great.

NB Both xboxes have previously been softmodded and are the same Kernel. Is that relevent or important. What difference if they were not?

Edited by newskiller, 08 February 2008 - 03:13 AM.

#2 newskiller

newskiller

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:42 AM

Would I be right in thinking that I should unlock the drive using one xboxhdm boot disc and eeprom and then lock it using a second boot disk with the second xboxes eeprom.

Is it as simple as that or is there more to it?

Again would different Kernels be relevent or is that all dealt with during the softmodding?

#3 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 February 2008 - 12:35 PM

Hi,

different kernels are important. If the softmod was done kernel specific, it will not work on a xbox with another kernel version. That's why you also have the softmod that should work on all kernel versions.

Basically, if you unlock the harddisk with one xboxhdm, and relock it with the other (with the eeprom for the xbox it will go in) it should work.

Some dashboards and programs on the xbox also have the option to unlock the harddisk. Once you did that, the xbox will no longer boot properly. It will boot into an error 5 screen. I think the Slayers rescue package has an option to unlock the disk, and configmagic also has that option.

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users