16 replies to this topic

#1 SonicSpinner

SonicSpinner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:26 AM

hey people,

well i had a long and tiresome evening /nite.

I bought an x360, flashed and banned. for offline play.
it has already 8 backups games with it, all on verbs, runs without problems.

Now i dont know what FW version is in. but im most def. think its iX with stealth.

now i got my verbs 2.4X DLs. i use img burn and burn pes2008 gac rls. i put it in my box, says unreadable disc.
i try again thinking maybe bad burn, and nothing. ( also at 2.4x )
then i try my neighbours philips external DL burner, and i get same message.

and i run pes2008 through mulletter and it cheks no problems.
then i burn dmc4 backup. and for fun i try burning it on 4x even thou media says max2.4x
and to my surprise it reads it. so i played 10 mins. shut down box , turn on, and it cant read again. so i put the box laying down, and it reads it now every other time. but no chance @ standing mode.

btw , 3 months ago i had a sammy drive with old non ix fw, and i could burn all games @ 2.4x without problems.

so my questions are:

1. do we have a bad media detection here?
2. is it possible to reflash this hitachi ( its not 78 or 79 ) to the latest ix without stealth.
and i dont have the orig.bin key file.
3. im gonna try and order other medias like trax data or premium?
4. would a lens cleaner help?
5. other suggestions?

thanx

Sonic

Edited by SonicSpinner, 08 February 2008 - 09:36 AM.

#2 Bubbalynch

Bubbalynch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts
  • Interests:Gaming Consoles, PC's, Electronics, Music, Movies, Sports ect.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:31 AM

QUOTE(SonicSpinner @ Feb 8 2008, 10:02 AM) View Post
then i download dmc4.

Piracy is not supported at X-S. Backups of originals are however...

Could be bad media or your drives laser is on its last legs, thats just a guess tho.

Edited by Bubbalynch, 08 February 2008 - 09:32 AM.

#3 SonicSpinner

SonicSpinner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE(Bubbalynch @ Feb 8 2008, 10:07 AM) View Post

Piracy is not supported at X-S. Backups of originals are however...

Could be bad media or your drives laser is on its last legs, thats just a guess tho.

sorry edited..

okey. i guess weekend i can try lens cleaner or pot adjusting. or just throw the box out.

#4 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:17 AM

You don't have to throw the box out, that would be a bit OTT, just get a new DVD drive and insert you drive key, spoof if necessary....

#5 SonicSpinner

SonicSpinner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE(podger @ Feb 8 2008, 10:53 AM) View Post

You don't have to throw the box out, that would be a bit OTT, just get a new DVD drive and insert you drive key, spoof if necessary....

can i get any dvd drive sata? from a pc store?
which has t be samsung or benq of course.

does it have to be some specific xbox 360 drive models etc?

#6 Bubbalynch

Bubbalynch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE(SonicSpinner @ Feb 8 2008, 10:02 AM) View Post
i dont have the orig.bin key file.

Get it. dump the firmware that is currently on the drive and store it some where safe so you can have a copy of the drives key for future use if you should ever decide to get a new drive for the console. Without it, you will never get a new drive mapped to that particular console.

Each 360's drive is mapped to its original console with its own unique key. That ones yours. So get it.

You can find 360 drives for sale in the B/S/T section of these forums or on Ebay. And they have to be 360 dvd drives, nothing else. (Can be Hitachi, Samsung or BenQ - doesnt matter cause ur spoofing it as the original drive with its key) So they will be used (or if ur lucky, rarely used) or refurbished drives.

Or you could buy and install a new laser for the current drive you have now.

I wouldnt rule out the possiblity that you may have gotten a bad batch of disc's tho. It has happened to me on occassion.

Edited by Bubbalynch, 08 February 2008 - 10:49 AM.

#7 SonicSpinner

SonicSpinner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 10:51 AM

QUOTE(Bubbalynch @ Feb 8 2008, 11:21 AM) View Post

Get it. dump the firmware that is currently on the drive and store it some where safe so you can have a copy of the drives key for future use if you should ever decide to get a new drive for the console. Without it, you will never get a new drive mapped to that particular console.

Each 360's drive is mapped to its original console with its own unique key. That ones yours. So get it.

You can find 360 drives for sale in the B/S/T section of these forums or on Ebay. And they have to be 360 dvd drives, nothing else. (Can be Hitachi, Samsung or BenQ - doesnt matter cause ur spoofing it as the original drive with its key) So they will be used (or if ur lucky, rarely used) or refurbished drives.

Or you could buy and install a new laser for the current drive you have now.

I wouldnt rule out the possiblity that you may have gotten a bad batch of disc's tho. It has happened to me on occassion.

okey thanx,. that was a very good input.
later today i will borrow my friends backups, and see if I have any luckther,e

IF in case i can read all his backups no probs, then its def. abad batch i got. or maybe my burner lite-on is no longer suitable for hiatchi drives as it was for my old sammy drive.
i was thinking of gettin a pioneer 112d. since it has a high success ratio.

p.s how can i get the or A orig.bin?? this box i bought on auction.

Edited by SonicSpinner, 08 February 2008 - 10:53 AM.

#8 Bubbalynch

Bubbalynch

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 382 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:01 AM

Your gonna have to learn how to read/flash the drives firmware. (basically hacking the 360)

Read the sticky topics in the Newbie Chat or click the links in my sig to get started in the right direction. The 112D is a GREAT burner and I highly recommend it as its the same burner I use. Never have probs with it.

Goodluck.

Edited by Bubbalynch, 08 February 2008 - 11:02 AM.

#9 SonicSpinner

SonicSpinner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 11:11 AM

QUOTE(Bubbalynch @ Feb 8 2008, 11:37 AM) View Post

Your gonna have to learn how to read/flash the drives firmware. (basically hacking the 360)

Read the sticky topics in the Newbie Chat or click the links in my sig to get started in the right direction. The 112D is a GREAT burner and I highly recommend it as its the same burner I use. Never have probs with it.

Goodluck.

aaah no no no, i know how to flash n stuff, i flashed 4 sammy, 2 benq. i just never did the opposite, like restore.

when u said get the orig.bin. i though u meant the unmodded orig.bin key. coz i suppose once u have modded the fw in the drive, u cant restore it to orig. unles u have the orig.bin right?

Sonic

#10 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 01:50 PM

It's very straight forward to restore Benq or Samsung, all you need is the stock firmware and your key, but then together in Firmware toolbox and flash it.....

#11 SonicSpinner

SonicSpinner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:48 PM

QUOTE(podger @ Feb 8 2008, 02:26 PM) View Post

It's very straight forward to restore Benq or Samsung, all you need is the stock firmware and your key, but then together in Firmware toolbox and flash it.....

im interested in restoring hitachi..

the stock fw for hitachi, how to aquire that? and my key? u mean my key for my current modded fw?

#12 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts

Posted 08 February 2008 - 04:10 PM

The Hitachi's are not so simple. You should really only restore it with the version that it was flashed with. Hitachi's can only be flashed on a sector by sector basis, so different versions flashed more sectors than others and not always the same sectors. So if you restore with a newer version it's possible that you could end up, updating sectors that were never touched and leaving other sectors modded, which could very like brick your drive.

You could rebuild a suitable stock firmware using FW toolbox. It includes all versions of stock firmwares for the Hitachi, you can insert your DVD key and encrypt the firmware....

You can also use FW toolbox the dump the current flash and it should be able to identify the version of mod on the drive. Then go and get that version from the the archives in the usual places and use it to restore the drive with the orig.bin that you rebuilt earlier......

If you can't identify the version on the drive, I would leave it alone.... Unless you want to desolder the flash chip and flash it in an external programmer, which is what you will have to do if you brick it....

Edited by podger, 08 February 2008 - 04:15 PM.

#13 SonicSpinner

SonicSpinner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 02:05 AM

Problem Solved everyone.
I thank Everyone who wrote their suggestion and input. all of apperciated.

the solution to this / my problem is.

a friend in#FW game me a tool to my LITE-on burner, which forces the burner into booksetting dvd-rom type.
and then i just burn the backup with clone cd and voila.
the hitachi read the disk fast and no problems at all.

cheers

#14 SonicSpinner

SonicSpinner

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 11:57 PM

aaand were back on disc unreadable yaaayy

im gonna throw my shitbox out..

#15 Toddler

Toddler

X-S Freak