• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Setha

Setha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 04:53 AM

Do you think that people choose talent show winner based on their looks more than their performance? Like, is it always the hottest singer who wins American Idol, or is it sometimes the best singer? Iíve gotten really into the show Dance War because itís another show that lets the audience vote, but basically youíre voting for one of the two choreographers (Bruno and Carrie Ann) so you canít really vote for people based on looks. I think that talented people have a better chance of getting through the show because of the way it's set up.

#2 gronned

gronned

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 06:02 AM

In order to become successful you have to have talent, but if you lack looks you won't get far. It's probably even easier becoming famous without talent and only looks, but they generally fall off fairly quickly. Marilyn Monroe wasn't exactly know for her talents in acting, yet she actually was famous till she died. But she's rare, and only God knows why she was so famous. At least women will have a really hard time becoming famous with talent but no looks. At least they're easily counted compared to ugly, but talented men. There's a number of reasons for this.

#3 Setha

Setha

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 10 February 2008 - 01:42 AM

I think it's crazy that Marilyn Monroe was a size 12 in Some Like it Hot. Today she wouldn't be considered hot at all, she'd be considered "plus-sized" blink.gif Anyway - yeah, I think a mixture of both will get you the farthest. I notice that even though you can't vote for the hottest on Dance War there's always the most peopel in the audience screaming for Zack - and he's the one with hollywood looks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users