29 replies to this topic

#1 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 09:23 PM

Hi I have been at this for a few days and I am slowly getting everything straightend out on my XBOX.

I have XLINK Kai set up correctly as far as I am told by the diagnostics and all but when I click on play on XBMC it takes me to my game but it says no matches found. Everything else works fine.

Anyone know why it may be doing this?

Thank you guys.

#2 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 11 February 2008 - 11:55 PM

make sure you can use XLink without XBMC before setting up this way .. try this ..

load halo2 on your xbox and go to system link ..

load kai on your computer .. click the globe at the top left to enter arena mode .. navigate to an arena ..

check the tv :]

#3 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 05:20 PM

Do I need Halo 2?

Also Kai always fades off of my PC screen.

#4 6StringKng

6StringKng

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:Video Games, Computers, XBMC, Music, Guitar...
  • Xbox Version:v1.6

Posted 13 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE(Bloodfin @ Feb 13 2008, 10:56 AM) View Post

Do I need Halo 2?

Yes you need the game, lol.

and first things first, make sure Kai is configured properly ad have it set to launch the UI along with the engine...

#5 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 09:16 PM

Everything is configured fine.

Why do I need Halo 2? I wanna play Far Cry and I saw some people on but it wouldnt let me into a match, it kept saying no matches.

#6 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 12:14 AM

Do I need Halo 2?

yes you can play farcry , make sure you have farcry evo , its the second one.. most people play halo2 so its easiest to just say halo2 .. any game with system link will work ..

did you follow the order i gave you ? .. for now disable kai in XBMC , it just confuses people .. go to settings/programs/xlink and turn it off in XBMC ..

than go and try to join a game in farcry .. once in the arena and you have system link loaded on the box click the magnifying glass at the top left of kai .. check what network reachable says .. than click the little folder top left and it will cycle to show if your xbox has been detected ..

Edited by c-2, 14 February 2008 - 12:14 AM.

#7 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:04 PM

Well I still get nothing and like I siad I am doing it just as you tell me and it detects my XBOX FINE-- XBOX/XBOX 360 configured successfully! THis Kai is Bul Sh**T!

Can you tell me the exact settings I should use in the start kai Config?

Edited by Bloodfin, 14 February 2008 - 03:08 PM.

#8 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:27 PM

jeez .. take it easy .. its really not that hard ..

what does 'network reachable' say!? ..

you clicked the globe and went to the farcry arena ?

#9 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 03:39 PM

Yes I clicked on the globe, yes I am in the arena and I am also chatting with people. I can do everything as if I am perfectly connected but I cant play a game!

Net work reachable says yes.

I know its not hard but this is getting irritating!

Since I dont ever use my MS dash I never set the network setting in that aea like Unleashx and XBMC. Should the IP in Network settings on the MS dash be set since I am not using XBMC?

I have a big problem with my MS dash/settings, when ever I click on XBOX live or Network settings in settings I get a black screen.

Edited by Bloodfin, 14 February 2008 - 03:44 PM.

#10 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 05:21 PM

none of that matters .. kai works with non-modded xbox's so all your network settings in various dash boards make no difference .. its not your xbox , its your computer causing the problem, put the game in system link and thats it..

are you running any software firewalls ? (XP, vista) .. they will block traffic even when disabled , mcafee , norton , kerio , are all notorious for being 'disabled' but still blocking ..

you sure you have farcry evo ? .. are you sure the host is open ? , not all games you can join 'on the fly' ..

Edited by c-2, 14 February 2008 - 05:25 PM.

#11 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:16 PM

Thanks,

I have Vista which has been giving me all kinds of trouble with security features and networking but I think I got it all worked out. I have "EVERY" firewall off and Nortan dissabled ( !only when I try Kai! ).

I am positive it is EVO but I also had this trouble with other games and with all the games the Mods gave me all the help they could so if it was a game that didnt work on the fly I was still set up with the help from the mods.

Its Kai on my PC everytime I run it I have to do it with administrative or some crap but half the time I click on start Kai config I get the same screen as start Kai. How can I fix that?

are you running any software firewalls ? (XP, vista) .. they will block traffic even when disabled , mcafee , norton , kerio , are all notorious for being 'disabled' but still blocking ..

How can I make sure this is not the problem and can you please explain what the configuration on my PC should be set at when I click Start Kai Conifg on the start button?

#12 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 06:48 PM

uninstall whatever firewall your using .. norton sucks anyway .. look for comodo , much better firewall and its free ..

when you click on the kai config and regular kai comes up it means you still have kai open , make sure the engine is closed (by the clock) ..

all you have to do is right click on the icon and select run as administrator ..

i also suggest for vista shutting off UAC .. http://blogs.techrep...-windows/?p=413

Edited by c-2, 14 February 2008 - 06:49 PM.

#13 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 07:56 PM

Still nothing. I give up thanks. Kai suck a big one!

Everything else is fine all my settings are fine and my xbox is successfully configured. There is nothing I can do. That link also sucked. I dont have the sec what ever on my Vista and all the other posts talking about premium got me no where at all.

Edited by Bloodfin, 14 February 2008 - 07:58 PM.

#14 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:37 PM

nice attitude .. kai works just fine , its your computer ..

UAC is in your vista .. heres another way to shut it off ..
http://www.howtogeek...-windows-vista/

google it if that one is to complicated as well ..

did you even try anything i suggested , uninstall norton ?

is your computer wireless ? ..

Edited by c-2, 14 February 2008 - 08:41 PM.

#15 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 14 February 2008 - 10:08 PM

Dude I did everything you told me! I even just used that last link and that actually worked but I still cant use Kai. Everyone in the chats tells me I have no ping.

And yes, my PC is wireless VIA USB Buffalo network adapter and my XBOX is hardwired to the router.

Oh I didnt get rid of Norton cause the Comodo isnt supported by Vista!

Edited by Bloodfin, 14 February 2008 - 10:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users