#16 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:none

Posted 14 February 2008 - 11:41 PM

your computer can't be wireless, will not work .. try wiring it to the hub ..

also having no ping means your behind a firewall .. norton maybe?

Edited by c-2, 14 February 2008 - 11:41 PM.

#17 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 01:17 AM

Well from what I just gathered it can be but most cases the card is not compatible.

#18 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:54 PM

yes technically it can work wireless but chances are it won't ..

why not just try it with it wired to see if it works ..

#19 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:05 PM

I'm gunna do that today so to see if it works but I'm in one of these situations where my TV and my PC and everything is not close together at all.

My adapter is supposed to be able to run in promiscuous or what ever so I will just have to see today.

Thanks man sorry for the attitude.

#20 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:05 PM

Got rid of the wirless and still I have nothing.

#21 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:18 AM

have you tried uninstalling norton firewall ? .. also make sure in the kai config you have the network card selected that connects to the xbox ..

and comodo works in vista ..

http://www.personalf...d_firewall.html

CFP 3.0 System Requirements

* Windows XP (SP2) 32 bit version
* Windows XP 64 bit version
* Windows Vista 32 and 64 bit versions
* 64 Mb RAM
* 35 MB hard disk space for 32-bit versions and 55 MB for 64-bit versions

#22 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 01:28 AM

Dude I DLd it and it told me afterwards that it is not compatable the current OS. And it has nothing to do with Norton. Everything else works fine as far as networking and all goes. Why would Kai be the only thing that is that touchy?

It is also set to my current router not the adapter.

Im going to try it again maybe I did something wrong but I gotthe little pop up telling e that a error has accured and my OS was not compatable.

Edited by Bloodfin, 17 February 2008 - 01:31 AM.

#23 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:11 AM

This is a joke.

Got rid of Norton even tho it wasnt the problem, got the comodo got wired and everything is all set up right but yet,...... even with the advice you urge to be so correct and the fact that I must be doing it all wrong I still have jack sh*t.

#24 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:33 AM

you urge to be so correct

when your trying to figure out something you have to try things .. if you just say 'meh thats not it' than how do you know ? .. you have to bring it it down a notch really ..

i've been using / supporting and working on kai since day1 , i'm a moderator an administrator and an everyday user .. i don't 'urge' things to be correct based on nothing , i've seen uninstalling a firewall solve the same problem hundreds of times over the years ..

a firewall will block xbox system link traffic because its not 'standard' network traffic , the same reason that you need promiscuous mode to use wireless ..

how is your network now set up ? .. xbox and computer wired to a router ? ..

It is also set to my current router not the adapter.

what ? .. in the kai config it has a section where your network cards should be listed , pick the wired one.

#25 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:21 AM

I have it set up that way. I am not using my adapter so now I am wired to my ROUTER.

So, I have it set up with the network card but when I click on Kai config it tells me some stupid error about my adapter not being attached so I click ok and it takes me to the config screen but even after I click on the network card and lock it after I exit and reclick on config it keeps giving me the same error.

Now tell me something is not wrong with the my Kai I installed and Im not talking about Kai in general just what I have on my PC some how is messed up!

#26 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:31 AM

is the error for the LAN card your using or a different one ? .. do you have the windows xp firewall running ? ..

#27 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 03:41 PM

I have windows Vista. I don't have any firewalls on and I will tell this for the 15th time I don't have any firewalls on.

The error comes up every time I wanna use Kai and it tells me that the Buffalo wireless network adapter could not be detected ( or something close to that ).

It don't even matter anymore,. I got rid of the garbage and if I wanna play other people that bad at a game I call up a couple friends seeing on how we have so many controller ports anyway.

#28 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 08:41 PM

I don't have any firewalls on.

except for norton or comodo ..

that wireless error doesn't mean anything , thats not the card your selecting anyway, you need to pick the wired one ..

meh , have fun playin with yourself ..

#29 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

Taking your advice is what was getting me no nowhere!

It took five minutes for someone on Kai to tell me how wrong you were and now I can play on Kai.

And, I could leave comodo as it was as wel as Norton if I would have kept it from what they said. Seeing on how the advice they gave worked I think they were right.

I now the error didnt mean anything but it shuldnt be there. As soon as I re-DL'd Kai I got it goingin no time.

Edited by Bloodfin, 20 February 2008 - 03:18 PM.

#30 c-2

c-2

X-S Freak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:18 PM

And, I could leave comodo as it was as wel as Norton if I would have kept it from what they said. Seeing on how the advice they gave worked I think they were right.

It took five minutes for someone on Kai to tell me how wrong you were and now I can play on Kai.

and how wrong was I .. i'm curious in which way your going to twist my words this time .. i never said you 'couldn't' run a firewall and run kai, i actually suggested one .. i did however say that it is possible for a firewall to block kai so uninstalling it as a test.

glad you got it working , what was the problem ? ..

Edited by c-2, 20 February 2008 - 06:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users