• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xhollowpointx

xhollowpointx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

Ok, so buddy of mine bought an xbox of one of his buddies from work for $100 or something. Anywho, the guy who did this told him that the box was chipped, so after a few months my buddy asked me to upgrade the dash for him. Turns out box wasnt chipped and during the update we got a power surge...So now i basically have a locked stock xbox hard drive. Any ideas as to what i can do, the dvd drive is booting xbox games but not really anything else. What would be my best route to take here aka. hotswap, game exploit? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! smile.gif

#2 Bomb Bloke

Bomb Bloke

X-S Transcendental

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,568 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:none

Posted 12 February 2008 - 12:14 AM

Messy... So you mean to say the console is softmodded?

So what happens when you boot the console with an empty drive tray? Black screen? Error code?

In the case of the former, try booting with the drive tray open. Might load the softmod installer with any luck.

In the case of the later, if it's an error 13, don't unplug the console from the mains. It'll forget the time and won't boot game discs (it'll switch to 16). Not sure if the same is true of an error 21, better not to risk it regardless.

If that fails, to use a save game exploit you'd need to know which one's on the drive (and have the relevant game to hand).

You won't be able to TSOP flash until you're capable of re-installing the softmod.

I suspect you'll end up hotswapping.

Edited by Bomb Bloke, 12 February 2008 - 12:24 AM.

#3 xhollowpointx

xhollowpointx

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 02:24 AM

sorry for not providing everything i was in a rush before work. Anywho booting with the drive tray leads to an error code, i think it was 13 might have been 14. I suspected that I would end up hotswapping, ive done it a few times but wanted to see if there was an easier way to do so. Ill keep updating if I have any questions but I greatly appreciate your support. Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users