• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 madfatter

madfatter

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:57 AM

im kinda new to the whole 360 flashing process. but i have done quite a bit of reading and have a decent understanding of the steps i must take, but for the life of me i can not get my pc to detect my 360 dvd drive. i have a samsung ts-h943 ms25 drive. i created a boot usb flash drive using xtreme bootmaker v0.5.3 (rc3). my motherboard is an asus m2n-sli and my raid driver is jmicron jmb36x controller, which is updated with the latest drivers.
i am under the impresssion that this raid chipset is compatible. to my understanding i do not need to hex edit my mtkflash file becasue i am using the latest version of xtreme bootmaker. am i incorrect? should i try an older version of xtreme bootmaker and manually hex edit my key in? i have been trying various differnet tutorials for flashing this baby. but i always seem to get stuck at the drive not detecting. when i following textebooks tut, i was getting a value =72 should be 70 error. so i tried to use samread with my serial number and i get drive not detected.
i have disconnected all other devices from pc and tried this with different sata cables and in different ports on my motherboard. i have also tried disabling raid in bios and leaving it at default. im also a little confused about the powering on order. i have tried turning both pc and 360 on at same time, then when i get to cmd prompt plugging in the sata cable to my 360's dvd drive. and i have also tried turning on pc first and then powering on 360 with sata cable already plugged in when i get to cmd prompt
this console has a build date of 05/06/2006. i apologize in advance for the sloppy grammer, spelling and format, ive been up all night trying to get this figured out. i know im supposed to look for my answers in the forums and i have been trying, but if one of you knowledgable people out there could maybe point me in the right direction, or tell me im doing something wrong, i would be forever in your debt. thanks for taking the time to read this.

Edited by madfatter, 12 February 2008 - 10:02 AM.

#2 podger

podger

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,406 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 12 February 2008 - 04:10 PM

Sorry to be short, but you should just take the plunge and buy a Via card and be done with it..

Even if you do get it to upgrade with the setup you have, you would then need a Via card anyway if you ever wanted to upgrade again, purely using software....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users