3 replies to this topic

#1 Pooky

Pooky

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 09:40 PM

I've done some reading about this topic but I can't figure out which option to choose.

I have a 79FL Hitachi drive. There are plenty of people who are saying that the Nme chip is the way to go because there is a big chance the Passkey won't even work. The other half suggests the Passkey because they don't see anything new coming with the chip.

I'm confused. Is there a plain answer for my question.. which option is better

#2 slimgrip

slimgrip

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,306 posts
  • Interests:NorthWest UK's Premiere 360 Modding Service
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 February 2008 - 10:17 AM

Passkey is better IMHO.
Once you have installed the passkey & flashed the drive you can remove the passkey where as the NME has to stay put. You can then use the same passkey to flash other hitachi 79 drives.

Im not a beleiver in dvd drive modchips, the only modchips i want to see are full bios modchips that will allow homebrew & unsigned code.

#3 Reaper527

Reaper527

X-S Knowledgebase

• Head Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,499 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 13 February 2008 - 04:43 PM

i agree with slim. just use the passkey to put your hitachi into mode b (its a compatible drive, i don't know why people told you it wouldn't work), then flash the drive, and either sell the passkey or mod your friends systems. the NME doesn't give you any features that a firmware flash doesn't, and costs more.

#4 Pooky

Pooky

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:05 PM

thnx guys. At this point I'm aware of the advantages of the passkey so I orderd one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users