#1 gamerzhouse

gamerzhouse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:31 AM

Before you flame me. I have read everything everywhere even off of xboxscene and I can't figure out how to get a current compiled copy to put on my softmod. I currently have: XBMC-2.0.1-FINAL-FAT-T3CH and
XBMC-SVN_2008-02-10_rev11601-T3CH. Neither appear to be what I need. I got this from the usual place, but when I FTP over to my xbox and put in applications and then reboot and look into applications nothing is there. Anyone been to the "usual place" and got a copy of this recently. Which file did you choose? Which one should I choose? Any recent tutorials anywhere on how to install XBMC, most of the ones that I found appear dated.

#2 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 05:41 AM

Did you bother to look close at the very first post and follow some of the links available in it?

#3 Silent88

Silent88

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Interests:My Daughter, Car Audio, Gaming, Cars, Computers
  • Xbox Version:v1.4
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 15 February 2008 - 07:53 AM

When you were transfering the files into your Xbox, did you transfer just the XBMC subfolder or the whole XBMC-SVN_2008-02-10_rev11601-T3CH folder? I first did this, and couldn't figure it out until I started messing around with everything...

IPB Image

Edited by Silent88, 15 February 2008 - 07:54 AM.

#4 gamerzhouse

gamerzhouse

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:02 AM

thanks silent88 I am trying that now. Should the FTP via router take forever? It has been FTp'ing for well over an hour.

#5 Stefan Leroux

Stefan Leroux

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:46 PM

The FTP can vary a lot depending on your connection etc. Over an hour seems like a hell of a time, but it's not unheard of.

#6 dgm

dgm

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 03:58 PM

To be honest I no longer bother with FTP. I pull everything using the filemanager in XBMC.

Nice and quick and painless. I have a backup of XBMC inside e:\backups. So the method I use is:

1. Download latest XBMC
2. I use WinRAR to extract to a folder *
3. Open up folder and share XBMC as XBMC
4. On XBOX go into the filemanager and run e:\backups\XBMC\default.xbe
5. Back into the filemanager (running on the backup) and select the PC share XBMC in left pane and select your XBMC folder on the XBOX in right pane
6. Select all file on the PC and from the menu select copy
7. reboot the xbox and you should now be running the new XBMC

* I remove surplus files in XBMC\UserData at this stage i.e. Keymap, RssFeeds, sources and favourites

#7 Bloodfin

Bloodfin

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

You can do it a couple ways. I backed up XBMC on my PC and deleted it from the XBOX then I swapped out what ever I wanted from the back up to the new XBMC folder ( make sure its the one that silent 88 tells you to ). I completely deleted what ever I was swapping off of the new XBMC folder and replaced it with what was backed up.

Then I FTPd it into the APPS. Use FLASHFXP, it may take 15 minutes or so but it shouldn't take as long as it is for you.

I also run a wireless network from XBOX to PC and it still transfers rather fast. 15 minutes is still a very long time for me but don't be discouraged as long as it shows files being transfered its OK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users