• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ToeKing

ToeKing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 08:31 PM

Oye, so I was attempting to install a D2CKey on my wii last weekend and I was having some trouble. I created a bridge on 2 of the pins on the d2c chip and I was having a hell of a time removing it. Any way, I eventually got rid of the bridge only to notice that I pulled off a pad in the process! I want to repair it, but the pad I lifted isn't for one of the pins used in the install so I there is no info on other points. So as it stands, it's quite difficult to probe for an alternative. I was wondering if anyone would be willing to probe their board for me or give any suggestions.

Here's an image with an arrow pointing at the pad I'm interested in.
IPB Image

I put it back together to see what kind of error I'd get without that pin in use and the wii just complains that it is unable to read the disk.

I wanted to use the alternate solder points, but unfortunately for me the through holes they show are all covered with some plastic and I don't know a good way to remove it.

Any way, thanks for any help anyone could give on this.

#2 ToeKing

ToeKing

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 February 2008 - 09:02 PM

hmm... if the img isn't showing up it can be found here:
http://picasaweb.goo...281541446890882

#3 banner

banner

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:23 AM

Dude, take my advice

Go get urself an infectus 2 with loader, less wires and that chip dont use those pins

might cost u another but man its worth it for the backups

#4 zoomerman

zoomerman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:modding and modding some more
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:25 AM

im no being funny m8 but if you have the soldering ability to install a d2c then surley you can resolder the pad just take your time and try it if not then compare the alternative install pics to reffer to an alternate point for that wire if there is one it will be on there just look and work it out or try the miss one do one install or next to each other if its better

#5 kirky1991

kirky1991

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 713 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.5
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:42 PM

He didnt say he coudlnt solder to the pad, He 'Lifted it' of the PCB, meaning he has got to find an alternative point

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users