dreday78

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 17 February 2008 - 02:40 AM

I am using a VIA VT6421 card. I have the Hitachi set to mode B using the Slax cd. Once windows has booted up, and I check device manager to find drive, the VIA has an exclamation mark next to it, and under properties, it says this device cannot start. Now, in order to even set the drive to mode B, I had to actually connect it to my SIL 3112 card, then switch it to the VIA card when I power cycled the pc, I couldnt get it in mode B with the VIA card. If I leave it connected to the 3112 card, windows will recognize the drive, but of course I cant dump the drive.

#2 dreday78

dreday78

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 04:38 AM

Ok, I got it in mode b with the VIA card, and now windows sees the Hitachi. The problem I'm having now is that the Firmware Toolbox is hanging and not responding when I try to dump the drive.

#3 dreday78

dreday78

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 05:19 AM

Ok, I got past it hanging during the drive dump, but it hung during the flash, so what can be done now?

#4 zoomerman

zoomerman

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Interests:modding and modding some more
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:35 AM

ok my friend first i would check my pc to see if i have an original fw dump then i would put my box back together and try it it sounds like you could have a bad flash also did you have a dvd rom in when you tried to flash it and did you follow the instructions with tool box for 78kz cheers m8

#5 dreday78

dreday78

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 12:35 AM

Yeah, I have the original firmware, and I followed the directions in the Textbook guide. I cant even get the drive back in mode b, me thinks its bricked. I was flashing it for a friend, so I've already replaced it for him, at least now he has a benq, took my 2 minutes to flash it. This was my time flashing a hitachi, the first time the only problem I had was I needed to eject the drive to get it in mode b, after that it was smooth sailing. Dont know why this became such a problem, think I will stay away, stick to Samsungs and Benqs. This one ruined my perfect record so far for flashing. 14-1 as of now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users