5 replies to this topic

#1 tsantsa

tsantsa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 17 February 2008 - 08:27 PM

I like to use the ps3 net browser but I don't like that you can't get it to display to the screen like a computer.

So, I'm looking to install yd, but I want to know if the OS fits to the screen, including firefox. Also, I know that a cordless mouse and keyboard can be used with the ps3, but what about with YD? Linux is sometimes goofy with drivers and whatnot for devices, that's why I'm asking.

Thanks.

#2 newfie4ever

newfie4ever

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 366 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 06:57 PM

Ok I am new to the ps3 world as I just bought one and waiting for it to arrive. But I have done a lot of reading on the issue of YDL and as far as I can see, when it is installed you can use a keyboard and mouse with it and it is just like using a computer. I think it comes with Firefox for web browsing also. From what a lot of people are saying the new YDl ver 6 (which is avail after 3 Mar for public download) is the one to install. Also I plan to use my just for Blu-ray movies and internet browsing. From what I have read the ps3 is considered to be a very powerful computer when used with YDL.

#3 tsantsa

tsantsa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:26 AM

I plan to use my ps3 almost the same way. Movies mainly, but then I read about the YDL thing and browsing. I like that since the wife usually has control of the laptop! I might play a game if a good one comes out but I hate ps controllers. the analog sticks are just in an unnatural location.

I can't believe YDL 6 hasn't been leaked yet. I'm impatient.

#4 tsantsa

tsantsa

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 02:57 AM

leaked, check out the usual suspects.

#5 bilkons

bilkons

X-S Enthusiast

• Members