6 replies to this topic

#1 chumo

chumo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2008 - 01:58 PM

Hi,

I have searched everywhere for the answer to this question although I have found no luck and all the tutorials mention having the eprom.bin file of your xbox.

My old xbox1 had a 200gb softmodded XBMC HDD running in it although I removed it to used as an external HDD due to getting a 360. Before I removed the hdd I ran config magic to obtain the unlock p/w and HDD key even serial number, model etc. thinking this would be enough i then unlocked and wiped the entire drive. Now i'm giving it to a mate so we are trying to get it working again.

My question is, can someone point me in the direction of a tutorial or please inform me if it is even possible to softmod an xbox with just the unlock p/w and HDD key? I just have the xbox with no HDD at all in it so i cant boot up anything, I assume I need to rebuild a HDD for the xbox or something?

Thankyou in advance.

#2 spongy

spongy

X-S X-perience

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 18 February 2008 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE(chumo @ Feb 18 2008, 06:34 AM) View Post
please inform me if it is even possible to softmod an xbox with just the unlock p/w and HDD key?

Use Kingroach's Ndure Installer For Pc to build the files for the softmod, put those files on an xbhdm cd, build the new xbox drive, lock the drive in xbhdm using the p/w.

#3 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:14 AM

lock the drive in xbhdm using the p/w.
NO
you need to enter the HDD Key in liveinfo beta3 (win XP app) and then save the eeprom.bin file
use it in xboxHDM to lock the HDD...

#4 chumo

chumo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 04:41 AM

Thanks for both your help. I am trying to make my eprom in liveinfo although i dont know my online key (but i dont care about playing online so does that matter?) and i dont know the dvd kit zone or confoundeR? It is a PAL, Australia xbox1, what should the dvd kit zone etc. be set to ?? thankyou heaps

p.s. which xbox version should it be set to? e.g. 1.6, 1.0 1.1

Edited by chumo, 19 February 2008 - 04:47 AM.

#5 xman954

xman954

X-S Messiah

• Dev/Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,028 posts
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 19 February 2008 - 05:13 AM

use 1.0 (most compatable for xboxHDM, any version of it)
enter the HDD Key only everything else can be zero
all your going to to do with this file is lock the HDD using xboxHDM...
NOT flash the xbox eeprom

Edited by xman954, 19 February 2008 - 05:16 AM.

#6 chumo

chumo

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 February 2008 - 07:49 AM

QUOTE(xman954 @ Feb 19 2008, 03:49 PM) View Post

use 1.0 (most compatable for xboxHDM, any version of it)
enter the HDD Key only everything else can be zero
all your going to to do with this file is lock the HDD using xboxHDM...
NOT flash the xbox eeprom

I typed in my old HDD key and serial number etc. then went to lock the drive in xboxhdm (which generated a different hdd key, dont know if they are different for every HDD?) and when i booted it up on the xbox it came up with error 06 (not the right locking key).

What did i do wrong when i made the eprom.bin in live info?

#7 obcd

obcd

X-S Hacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,737 posts
  • 360 version:none

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:55 AM

Hi,

there is a difference between the eeprom hddkey and the hdd locking password.

the eeprom hddkey is 16 bytes long and is used together with the disk model and serial number to calculate the harddisk locking password which is 20 bytes long. the remaining part of the password are 00 characters until you reach 32 bytes (the normal length of a disk locking password)

I have a hddkey.bin file which contains the password in binary form (not the eeprom hddkey which you can use to reconstruct the eeprom.bin file.) I also have a HDDINfo.txt file which contains the HDD password in a field that is marked with HDD Key. The XboxHDKey field has the proper length to be the eeprom hddkey.

So,

you might have made a typo, or you might have used the wrong key. If you have both the eeprom hddkey and the disk locking password, you should see the same locking password in the liveinfo program. (If the disk is connected to your pc and you selected it in liveinfo).

regards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users