#1 Shoji

Shoji

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:05 AM

I'm about to flash my drive that has xtreme fw on it to the ixtreme fw. But I've ran into a small bit of confusion. I got some help with this on another message board. But some things were unclear and before I proceed I want to be sure of everything.

Here is the help I was given:
First you need to dump your current firmware with iPrep by following Textbook's ms28 tutorial. (even though you have an ms25, you will need to treat it as an ms28 because it is already flashed) Boot into windows after it has dumped and open the firmware in Maximus 360 Firmware Toolbox. (it will be in Backups->12345->1234567) Copy the 32-number "key". Open up the iXtreme 1.4 firmware you choose to use (I recommend 8x) with 360 firmware toolbox and paste the "key" and hit replace. Look near the top right next to "Rom Version:" and see if it is MS25 or MS28. If it is MS28 firmware (most likely) you will need to spoof it as an MS25. To do this simply go to Tools->Spoof Firmware-> Samsung TSH943A ROM MS25. If it is already an MS25, forget about spoofing it. Now you need to close 360FWTB, and copy the new firmware into the main directory of the iPrep Drive, example: "G:\ix14.bin" Name the firmware "ix14" just to make this as less confusing as possible. Now double check the firmware. Open it up from the boot device with 360 FWTB, and make sure it is the one you just made. Now boot into iprep and flash the drive.This time you won't be typing any iPrep commands, instead you will type this: "mtkflash w /m /sata ix14.bin" without the quotes. It will start to flash the drive, with your new ix14 firmware, no need to restore first.

I just need to basically confirm the final steps. Do I need to do the mtkflash or can I continue with Iprep all the way through. I followed those instructions and while going through Iprep in dos it spoofed my fw and everthing. When I check that fw in firmware toolbox, the ixtreme fw in the backups folder say its been spoofed as MS25 and it has the same key as my original fw so should I just go through with Iprep using the MS28 method and the 10 second trick or do should I just use mtkflash once I load Iprep?

#2 Havok

Havok

X-S Messiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,745 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:40 AM

They are the same thing... iPrep just makes a call to MTKFLash....

It sounds like you have it under control...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users