PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 03:39 AM

Sony: PSN About Quality, Not Quantity
Posted by XanTium | 19-2-2008 21:39 EST

From next-gen.biz:

Speaking to MTV Multiplayer, John Hight, director of product development at SCEA's Santa Monica Studios, explained why PlayStation Network hasn't been particularly overwhelmed with games.

"We're very careful about the stuff we add to our catalog. Early on as a company we decided it's not going to be about giant numbers and ‘Hey, come to PlayStation Network and you'll have 5000 games, maybe three of which you actually want. Go ahead and find that needle in the haystack'.

"It's more about each one of these experiences is something special," he added, noting that Sony's decision to operate in this manner would help it to unearth visionary designers like Will Wright and David Jaffe.

Full Story: next-gen.biz

#2 Naquadah

Naquadah

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 84 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.2
  • 360 version:v4.0 (jasper)

Posted 20 February 2008 - 05:56 AM

but... there's pretty much jack all decent on the psn rolleyes.gif

#3 Chancer

Chancer

Don't You Trust me?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,687 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 20 February 2008 - 02:59 PM

Even less content in the UK store compared to the US store.

#4 twistedsymphony

twistedsymphony

arrogant beyond belief

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,465 posts
  • Interests:Consoles, Computers, Cars, Arcades, Home Theater, and the modding of anything that moves.
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:27 PM

He's obviously trying to say that one (or both) of their direct competitors is putting quantity over quality but I just don't see that either.

both the Wii's VC and the XBLA are mostly quality releases, yeah there's some junk too but there's a LOT of high quality gaming on both of those platforms.

The only platform that I think fits his description is maybe PC, but when you have open development on a license free platform finding the good stuff will always be a needle in a haystack.

Even with WiiWare and the the XNA downloads now there's a peer review system to help sort out the good stuff for public consumption.

#5 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 10:04 PM

Quality is subjective (even on Undertow). Remember the lyrics to "Different Strokes"?

Personally, I'm more interested why every time I return to dash from a game it signs me out and I have to re-connect. Gets quite annoying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users