• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 xavias

xavias

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 02:41 AM

I recently got into the X-Box Mod Scene but the xbox i bought came with a mod pre-installed and i soon found out that it was the "cyclone" mod that had only been placed on the board so i can rip games and ect. The big problem is that the only diagrams I can find on the cyclone chip don't show or tell in great enough detail how to solder the board in order to flash the BIOS on the chip. The few pictures i have found show the actual chip with a bad text description and a decent but not good enough picture. It shows the chip with 2 red arrows but it also says something about a switch or something .. anywayz I tried the solder for the bios flash and i could not get something right because i kept getting the red circle of death .. so i just pulled the wire so i can still use the thing .. I am basically looking for someone who has this mod chip and wants to let me know exactly what wires need to be soldered .. and where they need to go.

Thanks .. i just hope someone writes back
toran XAVIAS

#2 xavias

xavias

X-S Enthusiast

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 02:58 AM

ok ok before anyone gets to this .. *still hoping to see someone help me out* i found the picture i was on in another forum .. all i need is someone to point out the colors the i need to solder for the FLASHABLE function ONLY.

I already have the mod installed and its already playable

just the Flashable SOLDER POINTS ONLY
http://forums.xbox-s...4608&hl=cyclone

Thanks

#3 PlastiKK_

PlastiKK_

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 522 posts
  • Xbox Version:unk
  • 360 version:unknown

Posted 11 June 2003 - 02:28 PM

If you bought the mod pre-installed, then all the points should be connected. You shouldn't have to solder anything. If the Cyclone modchip is flashable to begin with, and it came pre-installed, you should have to do nothing in order for you to flash it. I'm not sure which points control the flash feature, but I think all of them have to be installed for the chip to even work in the first place. Just go to xbox-scene.com and there is a tutorial that tells you how to flash an LPC modchip with evox.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users