10 replies to this topic

#1 hecz

hecz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:00 AM

Is it possible to make a switch to operate one of the two drives?

I have lots of singled layered xbox 1 games and use them a lot but I also connect to live.

It would be great to have a switch so I can make one drive external (xtreme 5.3) and one internal (ixtreme 1.4)
and switch depending on what I want to play.

thanx!

#2 nastyn8

nastyn8

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:05 AM

You could do something similar to this post http://forums.xbox-s...o...531985&st=0
but instead of a usb go to another drive. Or just leave your 360 open and swap drives.

#3 hecz

hecz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 01:46 AM

Thanx for the response, btw can I just cut the sata cables? how many wires the sata cable has?

Cuz Ive never seen sata cables like that.

thanx again biggrin.gif

#4 nastyn8

nastyn8

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 03:27 AM

there should only be 4 wires you can go here for more info with pics along the lines of what you are wanting to do http://forums.xbox-s...o...8338&st=135

Edited by nastyn8, 21 February 2008 - 03:28 AM.

#5 hecz

hecz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:11 AM

Ok that should do it, ok so for the power of the drive I should add another switch or can I turn on both drives at the same time?

#6 Bandit5317

Bandit5317

X-S Genius

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 881 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 05:53 AM

I think you are going to need a switch for the power, too. Running both drives at once will almost definetely blow at least one fuse. I know for sure that the 12v line has a picky fuse that doesn't like much more current being drawn from it than what the drive itself uses. The eject signal is also carried in that wire, so I don't know if hooking both drives up at once would cause them both to eject at once or not. Probably something much more sinister, but I'm just guestimating. And just to be sure, I know you flashed both drives, but you injected the same key into both of them, right? So that they both work with the same 360.

#7 hecz

hecz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 07:12 AM

QUOTE(Bandit5317 @ Feb 21 2008, 01:29 AM) View Post

I think you are going to need a switch for the power, too. Running both drives at once will almost definetely blow at least one fuse. I know for sure that the 12v line has a picky fuse that doesn't like much more current being drawn from it than what the drive itself uses. The eject signal is also carried in that wire, so I don't know if hooking both drives up at once would cause them both to eject at once or not. Probably something much more sinister, but I'm just guestimating. And just to be sure, I know you flashed both drives, but you injected the same key into both of them, right? So that they both work with the same 360.

Ok I understand thanx a lot for your response.

Oh and yeah one has 5.3 for my xbox 1 backups and the other with 1.4 ixtreme and both are sammys with the same
key.

It would be much better if I only use the other drive's pcb ( two pcbs one drive ) but that will require a lot of wiring and work.

Edited by hecz, 21 February 2008 - 07:23 AM.

#8 GeToChKn

GeToChKn

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 541 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.0
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 21 February 2008 - 08:31 PM

Ever think about doing a dual firmware mod then or something like install a globe360 chip which I believe allows dual firmwares. Maybe an easier way to use one drive for your situation, then 2 drives.

#9 hecz

hecz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:22 PM

Ive seen but never payed attention to the dual firmware but if a chip is required I wont like it.

edit:

I have a sammy so I dont need a chip, the tutorial doesnt mention it.

It looks doable, but what is the difficulty for this? And what is the risk?

http://dwl.xbox-scen...nstallation.pdf

It looks easier than making a sata switch dont you think?

thanks

Edited by hecz, 21 February 2008 - 09:31 PM.

#10 nastyn8

nastyn8

X-S Young Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 56 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:08 PM

Yeah its doable depending on how good your soldering skills are those pins are very small on the chips but that is a much more practical way to do what you want to do. Plus it will look alot better and if you mess up you have another drive to try another go.

#11 hecz

hecz

X-S Member

• Members
  • Pip
  • 133 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:55 PM

Ive been reading and found that works and sometimes doesnt work, I dont wanna mess the pcb neither the chip.

Ill look for a video tutorial cuz the two tutorials arent that specific for me at least.

Tutorial 2: http://dwl.xbox-scen...nstallation.pdf

If any of u guys had done this and works please let me know and if u are willing top help it would be great.

thanx.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users