PS3Scene

X-S Freak

• Admin
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 09:45 PM

Home Beta gets a significant update next week
Posted by XanTium | 21-2-2008 15:45 EST

From ps3fanboy.com:

Wow, where to begin. We've just received an email detailing a huge update to the Home beta next week. The update will bring the version number to 0.8.3 (taking us ever closer to its release at v1.0.0) and the information comes from the beta message board on the official PlayStation site, so we're certain it's legit.

Improvements to the UI and graphics engine mean that Home will look much prettier and be more functional from here on out. You will be able to check who's online from your friends list as well as who is in Home right now. A bubble machine has been made available to all beta testers, to test the new "Home Items" system. Video streaming is now made possible too, so you don't have to wait for a video to download completely before watching it.

The most exciting part of the update is the unveiling of the Marketplace in the main square. The Marketplace is stocked with clothes and furniture as well as other, undisclosed, content. We can't wait to see what's there. Game launching is also now available, though it is currently limited. Games can be started within Home, however the party will not be automatically generated within the game. Also, players with different versions of a game (such as American or European) won't be able to start a game together. The patch notes clearly state, however, that this is only temporary and will be fixed before launch.

Full Story: ps3fanboy.com

#2 rooter75

rooter75

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.1
  • 360 version:v3.0 (falcon)

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:26 AM

Just wondering how relevant home still is? Are Ps3 owners still anxiously awaiting its release or has time stole its thunder? I have looked for user impressions of the beta but haven't really found any.

#3 NineT9mustang

NineT9mustang

X-S Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  • Xbox Version:v1.6
  • 360 version:none

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:11 AM

I am very VERY excited for Home! I have some buddies who are with me as well, and when I tell people about it they get pretty excited...

I know I don't represent the entire population, but I can speak for my side smile.gif

Anyone else with me?

#4 HotKnife420

HotKnife420

X-S Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,196 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:27 AM

I wish I was in on the beta. Can't wait for the release.

#5 Kr0n1k

Kr0n1k

X-S Senior Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts
  • Xbox Version:none
  • 360 version:v1 (xenon)

Posted 05 March 2008 - 07:47 AM

I am definitely still anxiously waiting. That's the one thing that will make the PS3 unique, more so than any other first party exclusive. To be able to interact with the PS3 online community and meet new people that like the same games as you before you even play the game is going to, I think, be great. Its an MMO, but instead of dungeon run, you jump into one of your favorite games like MGS: Online or SOCOM. It may just sway a few people into buying a PS3.

#6 Heet

Heet

X-S Knowledgebase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,965 posts
  • Interests:Pina coladas and getting caught in the rain. Disk space.
  • Xbox Version:v1.3
  • 360 version:v2 (zephyr)

Posted 06 March 2008 - 03:50 AM

This is one of the things that make me want a PS3. If the new tekken and GT kick ass then it'll be a done deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users